SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I see I’ve joined the nefarious tps code group. I’ve been dealing with this for a few months now. I tried removing my original throttle body being careful not to move the butterfly and cleaned it which worked for a week. Then I purchased a rebuilt which worked for a few weeks. I’ve done the throttle pedal reset. When it gets warm (+40 degrees Fahrenheit) the CEL goes away on its own and comes out of LHM. I’ve read it could be the pedal or it could be my ecm or I got a bad throttle body. My DTE (distance to empty) goes nuts and drops 100 miles on a 50 mile trip. I’ve read a lot of posts and nothing really seems to give a clear answer. What should I do now? I’d really like to avoid the dealership as they just go down a list and it costs a ridiculous amount.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone point me in a direction? Electrical? Grounding issue? Dump the car? I really like it but a week after purchasing it’s been a massive problem. 7 months and I’ve spent more than I’ve paid on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve tried multiple throttle bodies all giving the same code. That’s why I’m leaning towards something else.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was getting this code also, during the summer months. Theres a lot written on it. Im not sure if I totally fixed mine. But theres a big harness connection by the battery that everyone on the internet was blaming for the problem. I took the battery and battery box out, then cleaned up all of those connections. I dunno, You can use wd40 , or elec contact cleaner, maybe do a finish spray with deoxit. I also cleaned the ground points from the battery when i was in there too.

heres a link to more info:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts