SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there ,

Recently my ride got some odd problems , the check engine light appear on and off .i check it out by techII , it shows fault code P1312 , but diff workshop tells me diff problems , i have the DI changer & spark plug , but it still appear on and off of the check engine light . well another workshop tells me it could be the DP cat converter or crank shaft sensor,:x :confused: cos i have my 3"DP, sport cat and twin cat-back change about 8-9 months ago.
Could anyone advise or help me to trouble shoot this problem !
Did anyone come across this problem?

:cry:

·
Registered
230 Posts
P1312 - Combustion detection, cylinder 1 and 2, open circuit / short.

Since you've already changed plugs and DI cassette, according to WIS the next probable cause is a short circuit in the electrical connector to the DI cassette.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pab95 said:
P1312 - Combustion detection, cylinder 1 and 2, open circuit / short.

Since you've already changed plugs and DI cassette, according to WIS the next probable cause is the a short circuit in the electrical connector to the DI cassette.
Well , thanks bros ,:)

will check it on the electrical connector to the DI , Is it costly to replace the the connector itself or the whole hard wire ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I looked at the WIS further and it said to check the lead from pin 8 of the female connector to pin 53 of the control module. That is the most likely culprit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pab95 said:
I looked at the WIS further and it said to check the lead from pin 8 of the female connector to pin 53 of the control module. That is the most likely culprit.
wow it seem quite complicated ,
what should i do with the pin ,get it clean up or ??? to be replace that ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Grey-knight said:
wow it seem quite complicated ,
what should i do with the pin ,get it clean up or ??? to be replace that ?
I'm no expert here but I would inspect the connector and see if you notice any loose or broken wires. If this is something you can not solve yourself at least you have a starting point for a repair shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts