SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

When I bought my 9-5 two weeks ago, I drove 100 kms, stopped to put some gas and then after starting the engine my check engine light was on. I checked the defaults code : P1312 & P1334. I've read here that the DIC was mainly in cause. The light was back on after clearing code (at startup only) like one third of the time.

I advertised the previous owner who offered to send me an functional used DIC from one of his 9-5. He sent me an official SEM TK3.7 from 2006 to replace mine (also TK3.7 from 2006). I've checked the plugs : PFR6H-10 and nothing bad on the plug itself. I've putted some copper grease on the spark plug thread and put back the plug with the new DIC. I've waited one hour after putting the new DIC before starting the engine. Everything was great.

But right after having changed the DIC, I listened to music with ignition on and engine off. The battery didn't enjoyed it as I did and of course the car wouldn't start again. Well, the day after I used a booster, started my 9-5, went for 50 kms and came back home. The next restart without booster gave me the check engine light coming back while it was a bit hard to start.

I was thinking that maybe the two DICs couldn't be both faulty. Moreover, there's no oil leakage from the DICs. Maybe the new DIC is good and the battery low voltage is giving me those two codes back ? Could it be possible ?

Thanks,
Max

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace spark plugs.
I've checked them and they seemed to be good looking. Moreover they were changed like two years ago (around 7-8000kms ago). Should I changed them anyway ?
Replace battery ASAP.
I'm ordering a new one. Current one is a 11,99V which is way too low (engine off).

I've check again and I have a new code P1110 (alongside P1312 & P1334) which seems related to BPV or less probably BCV. Do you think it could have an influence or is it two separates issues ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Battery and spark plugs ordered ;)
Will tell you soon !

So P1110 is related to the same issue as the two other codes ?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Make sure you only use the NKG spark plugs listed in the owners manual.
there is a plastic vacuum line check valve located between the top of the valve cover and throttle body. Usually white in color. Examine that carefully. It is prone to break from heat

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P1110 most common causes - vacuum line disconnected or bad by-pass valve.

View attachment 286317
Just check those two connections and everything was connected with no issue. The vacuum line seemed to be in silicon compared to other lines. I've checked the whole line and didn't see any hole in the line. I've took some pictures also, maybe you can confirm if it's OEM or a silicon one ?

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle door
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Wheel Automotive design

Just changed the battery by a Varta E44 and I'm now waiting for the plugs. It should arrived tomorrow or saturday, in the meantime I'm not using the car.

Make sure you only use the NKG spark plugs listed in the owners manual.
there is a plastic vacuum line check valve located between the top of the valve cover and throttle body. Usually white in color. Examine that carefully. It is prone to break from heat
As it's a 9-5 Aero from 2004, I ordered 4 NGK PFR6H-10.

For me, it's weird that the plugs are not working, I looked at them, it was really clean, then I put them back (I screwed by hand and then add 1/4 turn with a socket) and put the working used DI from the seller. It was NGK PFR6H-10 changed on 17 February 2021 about 3000 kms ago.

Anyway, it's a 9-5 Aero from 2004 so I ordered 4 new NGK PFR6H-10 but I don't really think there are the problem. Maybe I could be wrong, we'll see ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Disconnect the line from here, and suck the air out as much as you can. Then hold the hole closed with tongue. If you feel pressure on your tongue, the valve is ok. But if you can keep sucking air out and there is no pressure - valve is bad.
Thanks for the explanation, it's really precise ! I'll try it tomorrow after a good cleaning of this part obviously 😅

·
Registered
918 Posts
There is a vacuum line on the back of the throttle body. Make sure it is not cracked where it connects to the throttle body

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
To answer your earlier question, those vac lines look like aftermarket silicone. The original rubber tubes were less shiny.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There is a vacuum line on the back of the throttle body. Make sure it is not cracked where it connects to the throttle body
Do you have a schematic ? Or a drawing. I have the WIS also, maybe it's in there.
To answer your earlier question, those vac lines look like aftermarket silicone. The original rubber tubes were less shiny.
That's what I thought. I planned on replacing everything with silicone but for the moment my main focus is having it to drive nicely without error codes or whatever before doing any modification.

I'm waiting for French license plates and the Netherlands export plates are now expired so my 9-5 is sleeping at my office park-lot while waiting for administration ;) I'll keep this updated as soon as I can drive it again ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts