SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the codes when I bought the car. Replaced plugs with new and installed new DIC then cleared the codes but finding they return after hour running.

Also...I removed both seats to do some repair/servicing...thought I'd found one wire connector pair loose and clicked that together but now getting big red exclamation point in triangle on dash along with an airbag warning...think I'm gonna locate that connector and disconnect. Seems Saab enjoys laying in useless harnesses for features that are optional. Passenger seat still only tilts back part way...going to have to tear into that one further to see what's what. Similar to my rear windows currently, chair makes gear slipping sound when I try to move it too far back. Tilted seat pan back as far as I can but seat still uncomfortable. Thinking maybe cable issue between tilt motor and tilt gear?

Any experience sent my way well appreciated.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Was it a factory SEM DIC? Double check the pins on the connector.

If you turn the ignition on with the seat(s) removed then it will throw the SRS light, if there is no fault after you put it all back together and drive it for a while (50 trips?) the light should reset, you can skip waiting with a TechII tho.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought the DIC online (ebay) and all looks brand new...looks like new version of what I pulled off. I have a code reader that I can erase codes so was no problem making it go away but it comes back even with new plugs and new DIC. Engine seems to be running strong. Cannot get turbo to go into red...pegs out half way into middle area...but still pretty good pep in the engine and seems to be running well.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What does the sticker on the DIC look like? Picture?
No sticker. Prolly means its not authentic saab version. One I pulled is Saab part with Saab sticker. Honestly think one that was on car performed similarly with new one...not noticing any performance difference and codes spit up regardless.

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
You HAVE TO put only original DIC, clones do not work.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Figured out the plastic gear inside the tilt motor had given up the ghost (chunks of plastic gear teeth seen inside motor when I pulled it apart. Went to bone yard but no automatic tilt passenger seats in any of the models that matched mine, but did find a manual handle that fit the shaft so installed that and now have tilt capability restored until I can find a tilt motor. Note I had to do little surgery to the plastic trim at the shaft to give clearance for the manual handle...fortunately my seat trim wasn't pretty anyway. If I find donor car for the seat tilt motor I'll look for the donor trim piece too.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You HAVE TO put only original DIC, clones do not work.
For record...both the original SAAB DIC and the clone appear to be functioning exactly the same. DIC does not appear to be what's spitting out the two codes. Going to look to intake and injection next.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts