SaabCentral Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Parts for this car is too expensive man

$265 for a part that can last 10 years or more isn't all that out of line.

You have a 9-3, what engine?

Call a dealership with your year, model and serial number. They will tell you if the recall applies to your car. No harm in asking.

·
Registered
258 Posts
$265 for a part that can last 10 years or more isn't all that out of line.

You have a 9-3, what engine?

Call a dealership with your year, model and serial number. They will tell you if the recall applies to your car. No harm in asking.
i have a B205R engine the 8th of the vin is K that engine is expensive man every junk yard i called want $2500 for it. the old one that i removed due to sludge from the car i was planning on rebuild it, because this one is leaking little bit of oil under the head. or should i swap it with a better engine?? Any ideas??

·
Registered
62 Posts
T7 dic - tk3.7 55559955

Looking to replace DIC to eliminate 1312/340 and 1334 DTC's

Is this new version (TK3.7 55559955) OK to use?
Is it rated better than the orig 2000 DIC?

My ride - 2000 9-5 AERO

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Looking to replace DIC to eliminate 1312/340 and 1334 DTC's

Is this new version (TK3.7 55559955) OK to use?
Is it rated better than the orig 2000 DIC?

My ride - 2000 9-5 AERO
TK3.7 is what matters the most as its the current model that superseded the older design. they also last longer than the previous models. regardless what it is make sure you get a SEM unit as many aftermarket ones do not last

·
Registered
4 Posts
2001 9-5 1312 and 1334 error codes.

2001 9-5: 1312 and 1334 error codes.

Got the codes. So I read all the threads about replacing the DCI, but before I ordered the part, I replaced all four plugs gapped to .040.

After three engine starts, the light went away.

So....before you plunk down the bucks for the expensive part, try spark plugs.

I found the DCI for sale at am-autoparts for $89. I haven't had to order it (yet?). Google "2001 Saab 9-5 Ignition Coil Pack L4 2.3L Turbo AM-11957972"

I only got 100,000 miles from the plugs before the light/codes came on! :cool:

Maybe the new ones will go another 100,000?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Please don't buy cheap **** DIC only OEM SEM has the right specs or you're will be disappointed very quickly.
most of peoples have been changed their plugs before buying a new DIC and it doesn't resolve the issue, lots of, too needed their cars towed from middle of nowhere, before claiming victory, drive for a while I'll bet you come back for the DIC again. I hope not but for sure that's the next issue. even the plugs needed to be from the right brand and right specs.
that's the vital part of that car and foolish with that means you to have several more pricey issues, like cat malfunction,even destroyed, etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please don't buy cheap **** DIC only OEM SEM has the right specs or you're will be disappointed very quickly.
To each his own. That's the joy of maintaining one's own vehicle. You get to do it your way!

My experience has been generally the opposite. I've had excellent luck with aftermarket suppliers. The OEM parts fail, but the aftermarket parts keep on ticking at a fraction of the OEM parts' cost.

When I had to have the alarm battery replaced, aftermarket was much cheaper and it came with "lifetime replacement". OEM had no warranty at all.

Suit yourself.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
okay Mr scientist it's up to you but thousands of posts in every SAAB site reported how Chinese knock off are unreliable at all, any other part in that car could be replaced by AM parts except THAT part. ask to anyone here.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552562&highlight=direct+ignition
if you want to ship defective part even with warranty back and forth it still your concern.
you remember me when you still at 2 o clock in the middle of nowhere on the roadside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
okay Mr scientist it's up to you
if you want to ship defective part even with warranty back and forth it still your concern.
Can I assume you make your living from OEM parts, or are you just a "my way is the only way" type guy?

Back off. I'm a big boy and it's not my first rodeo.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Can I assume you make your living from OEM parts, or are you just a "my way is the only way" type guy?

Back off. I'm a big boy and it's not my first rodeo.
You might want to carry a spare DIC (even if it is an aftermarket one) to compliment the one you have because when it fails you could be stuck.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
To each his own. That's the joy of maintaining one's own vehicle. You get to do it your way!

My experience has been generally the opposite. I've had excellent luck with aftermarket suppliers. The OEM parts fail, but the aftermarket parts keep on ticking at a fraction of the OEM parts' cost.

When I had to have the alarm battery replaced, aftermarket was much cheaper and it came with "lifetime replacement". OEM had no warranty at all.

Suit yourself.
No need for harsh language, if somebody really want to help you.
Your car, your decision, but do not come here and whine "Saab is crap etc".

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.