SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2006 9-5 4 cylinder wagon with 94K miles.

this morning i had to get my car towed as it stalled; it just keeps dying - mirfiring, CEL blinks and when I check I got P1312 and P1300;
so I had it towed home; and so I thought it's probably a bad DIC and I already had a brand new genuine saab one standing by, I installed it and also replaced the spark plugs as well. but after installing them, and waited about 20 minutes (someone said to wait to let the oil of the DIC to go towards the bottom); anyway, it didn't get much better. I now have a P1300 and a P0300 code; engine still misfiring a lot, and feels like it's going to stall again so I did not take it for a drive.

if you experts out there could give me some advice that would be great. could it be the CPS? it has not been changed. also the fuel pump has not been changed as well.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,520 Posts
Check every single vacuum line including the small ones all around the throttle body, from the bypass valve, by the firewall and the big intake hoses from the intercooler and the connection at the base of the charge pipe (plastic tube leading to the throttle body). Make sure everything is tight and there's no hissing. Also check the T connection and the line leading to and including the brake booster.

·
Registered
424 Posts
sudden stalling could be caused by popped off intake hose.
Turbo to intercooler
intercooler to intake pipe
intake pipe to throttle body

You have to shake every pipe, visual inspection might not be sufficient.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did attempt to install thermostat and coolant temperature sensor this past weekend; but upon realizing that I probably won't be able to do it without cutting the upper radiator hose and I didn't have a new one on hand, I put things back - I did loosen the big plastic pipe, and some other things but put them all back and drove for 5 minutes with no problems.
but thanks for the tip both of you. I will check when I get home today.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Shouldn't have to cut any hoses to change the stat and sensor. You lose a bit of coolant but just bend it out of the way. Minimise the loss slightly by parking it nose down (or so I've heard...)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update - the hard plastic tube going towards the back of the engine was loose. I must have didn't tighten it enough. thanks so much to all your advice! you guys are wonderful!

as for the thermostat, I couldn't remove the hose, it was just way too stuck so I just ordered a new hose; thanks though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts