SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my wife's 2002 9-3 SE 2.0 Auto had the "Check Engine" light illuminate in addition to the "TCS off" light as well. I pulled the code and it read P1260. I believe that code indicates a weak throttle return spring which I think is adjustable. I am wondering why the TCS off light would illuminate as well or if they are two seperate issues. I cleared the code and I also cleaned the ABS sensors on the front wheels. The TCS off light went out and I thought everything was fixed. Today, it happened again. Tonight I am planning on adjusting the return spring in hopes to alleviate the Check Engine light (P1260 code) but I'm not sure what to do about the TCS off light.

Any suggestions???

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Just guessing, but the TCS should probably turn off any time there's a throttle body malfunction.

The return spring is not really adjustable - the stop is though. Be sure that the throttle plate is not in limp-home mode and check that the throttle plate can move easily and freely by hand (do this with the key off for at least 10s or it will throw another code).

If that doesn't fix it, start shopping around for a remanufactured throttle body.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I had reset the throttle body out of limp mode earlier but was mistaken. I found a better description/photos of how to do this at "thesaabsite". It appears to be working normally now. I guess I'll see how it goes the next few days.

Thanks for the assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts