SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey you guys, i have a 2002 9-3 SE

Mods: 3" DP, Racing cat, 3" exhaust, Siemians 60# injectors, and a E-85 tune from JZW.

Im not sure if it is a vaccum leak... if i need to replace my EGR valve, or if the grounds on my o2 sensors are bad.

i get a P1182 Long Term Fuel Trim (Additive) Rich Mixture code when i read the codes.

I have an open SID and it shows me that at idle im maxxed out -2500 lamba.
when i accelerate in gear under load, it clears out then goes positive almost always maxed out at +2500,
cruising keeps it around -600 to +600. and when i decelerate i can hear my exhaust trying to backfire...

im confused and dont know what my next action is

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
"Fuel pressure, injector(s), evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge valve" is what I found in an old thread pertaining to a cause related to that code. Also, vacuum leaks cause lean conditions, not rich.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Fuel pressure, injector(s), evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge valve" is what I found in an old thread pertaining to a cause related to that code. Also, vacuum leaks cause lean conditions, not rich.

do you have a link to that thread??? that would probably help a bit. thank you!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
hey you guys, i have a 2002 9-3 SE

Mods: 3" DP, Racing cat, 3" exhaust, Siemians 60# injectors, and a E-85 tune from JZW.

Im not sure if it is a vaccum leak... if i need to replace my EGR valve, or if the grounds on my o2 sensors are bad.

i get a P1182 Long Term Fuel Trim (Additive) Rich Mixture code when i read the codes.

I have an open SID and it shows me that at idle im maxxed out -2500 lamba.
when i accelerate in gear under load, it clears out then goes positive almost always maxed out at +2500,
cruising keeps it around -600 to +600. and when i decelerate i can hear my exhaust trying to backfire...

im confused and dont know what my next action is

Any help is appreciated
What's your Amul and Aadd readings?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's your Amul and Aadd readings?

i will check on the SID the next time i drive it.
Amul =AdpFuelProt.MulFuelAdapt Multicative fueladaption value. Resolution is ñ 0.01 %.

Aadd= AdpFuelProt.AddFuelAdapt+2 Additative fueladaption value. Resolution is 0.01 mg/c.Smart to check the fuel adapt. thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OH and i have already gotten new NGK BCPR7ES-11 gapped to .9mm
i have taken the front o2 sensor out and cleaned it. nearly no corrosion. still doing the same thing

i will check the fuel adapt next time i drive around lunch time

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
how long have you had the tune? i had the same problem when i did my swap and it took a few tanks of e85 to get all the gas out, after that the code when away n never came back since. knock on wood

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh sorry i copy and pasted that 11 lol and .34 mm? or inch. cuz it should be .1 mm or .09 mm gap no?

and ive had the tune for years now. no gas for 3 months now (emergency gas fill up) and the e-85 i get can sumtimes be e-75 -_- idiots.

think it could be the gas? my ecu adapts if i fill the tank with half gas half e-85. its pretty accurate too.
idk...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
im not sure if its mm or what but its just .34 on my spark plug gapping tool and im pretty sure thats what john told me. I also have t5 you t7 so can you run e85 or gas or just e85? I would try to get your car as low on fuel as you can then fill it with e85. I dont think e75 will cause that because I think I was just using e75 for the first few months when I got the tune. Maybe check all your vac lines and everything to make sure everything is right, or maybe your o2 sensor is going. Im not sure I just know I had the same issue and it went away and never came back after I got just e85 in the tank. Let me know what you find out

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im not sure if its mm or what but its just .34 on my spark plug gapping tool and im pretty sure thats what john told me. I also have t5 you t7 so can you run e85 or gas or just e85? I would try to get your car as low on fuel as you can then fill it with e85. I dont think e75 will cause that because I think I was just using e75 for the first few months when I got the tune. Maybe check all your vac lines and everything to make sure everything is right, or maybe your o2 sensor is going. Im not sure I just know I had the same issue and it went away and never came back after I got just e85 in the tank. Let me know what you find out
yeah i heard that the evap canister can do this. but im not sure. im really really low right now and hopefully i will be able to get e-85 today. maybe after work i will go down to get it filled :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, lean. It's adding fuel to get back to stoich. 11.56% more fuel across the board.
so my o2 sensor would be bad no? if its saying that im -2500 in lamb
yet 11.56 added fuel trim?

hmm. i think i know why i am lean tho..... last time i visited jzw. he leaned out the engine around idle a bunch and made me rich up high on the ecu.

could that be the reason for my horrible mileage?:evil:

i think i need to go back and get him to give me my custom tune back and see if we can't figure out whats up later

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
If you have a leak in the exhaust, the front O2 sensor will read the extra oxygen as running too lean and the ECU will increase the fuel up to the point where no more fuel can be added... Ron

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you have a leak in the exhaust, the front O2 sensor will read the extra oxygen as running too lean and the ECU will increase the fuel up to the point where no more fuel can be added... Ron

well im pretty sure that the seal between my exhaust and the exhaust side of the turbo are pretty well sealed. and i went thru the whole exhaust and didnt see any damage. plus the o2 sensor sits right after my dp so not many places to get a leak that would be read by the sensor

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No, lean. It's adding fuel to get back to stoich. 11.56% more fuel across the board.

AMUL was -1, then 57 this morning coming into work. seems normal... the only thing is that i dont see the AMUL reading ever change. it only changes when i look at other things on my SID... odd

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just an update, amul readings were 56, then later 538, then 1176, did a hard pull and it went to 856 then after driving normal for 20 min it went to 1673 and then the CEL went off. Code p1182. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts