SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this gets thrown around a lot but I'm having trouble getting the p1110 code to go away in my 2000 Aero. I dropped a motor from an 08 in it and ever since, I can't get the light to shut off. I've had parts galore from two other 9-5s and I've swapped the charge bypass valve three times and replaced all my vacuum lines without any luck. I'm looking Into replacing the vacuum valve towards the firewall but I was wondering if any of you guys knew of a testing procedure for it? Also is it normal for these cars to have two different valves? I've been scratching my head at this for quite some time and was just wondering if anybody has a complete list of things I can try to get the DTC to go away. Thanks mates.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Trolltuner.com has a mod to bypass the firewall valve. Basically run the bypass-valve line straight to the manifold, over where the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line sits. Then cap the red line just outside the throttle body.
Not 100% sure what you do about the T-joint coming off the yellow line originally, but I'd guess you need to move the T-joint to the green line instead so that it tee's off just before the green line connects to the manifold.

Edit: A good thread on it here: https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206993

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
You might also want to check that the bypass pipe is properly sealed at both ends, and along its length. If you have an ODB II reader with freeze frame data, or a Tech II, you could check to see under what conditions the code is set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts