SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these codes today and looked around. The only thing I found was that the boost pressure sensor looked a little oily. I cleaned it with MAF cleaner and put it back in. Reset codes.

I may go to the pick and pull tomorrow to see if I can get spares.

Anything I'm missing?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I hope this helps a bit

1105 is specifically pointing towards the following.

Defective turbo unit, open/sticking wastegate valve or sticking turbine shaft OR a major air leak between turbocharger and throttle body.

I doubt you have a major air leak as you would have spotted it. Have you checked wastegate as this seems a candidate

Where as P1106 points towards the sensor. So it could just be the sensor as others report it just needs the sensor to be cleaned with MAF cleaning fluid - Very carefully.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If the pressure sensor is clogged it might need more than a very careful cleaning.

What you see outside is just the temperature sensor element. The pressure sensor is inside.

You could start with careful cleaning, but next step before replacing would be to inject a certain amount of MAF cleaner to the lower part (not the connector).
Disconnect the sensor from harness, do not spray on the electrical connector.
Usually automotive sensor can withstand typical fluids like engine oil or cold cleaner. MAF cleaner shouldn´t be that aggressive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts