SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my check engine light came on and my car is very sluggish. I can stomp on the accelorator while the car is in neutral and the tach needle doesn't move up fast at all. It moves about like it would if it were in gear still.

First and second gear are the worst but it seems to be constant in all gears.
I stopped at AutoZone and had the free CEL diagnostic done and I got P0641 which supposedly is related to electronics and sensors. However I can't find much related to this and SAABs. the only post I found was from someone who was describing the exact same problem as me, and after pulling out a bunch of sensors and checking for wiring the car worked fine until it was put through a car wash. So he thought it might be related to moisture (I did drive for about 2 hours in the rain today, but its not the first time that's every happened obviously).

Does anyone know what I need to be looking for and/or where the sensors would be?
I am planning on calling the dealership tomorrow (they were closed by the time I got the diagnostic info) but would like some other oppinions that aren't tied to making money for a company.

Thanks in advance for your help

Ray

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I did a quick search of this forum and found something that may work.
I too have the HID kit installed and after much rain I can see how that possibly could be the problem. Will play around with it and report back.

Thanks guys - you always come through for me. (well almost always) haha

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wrapped the ballast from the right side headlight in a wash cloth and unplugged the battery. put it back together and the car ran like new (almost. hehe)
thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts