SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fault code for P0452. I put in a new evap purge valve but that did not fix it. What causes this code?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last time it just went away by itself. Now it came back. I tested for leaks with starting fluid and propane. Did not find one with either one.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
How did u decide its a purge valave i dont know !!
Its the pressure sensor at the top of the fuel tank, although i have to say that ive seen leaks cause this code in other GM products ..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a different code I think it was P0442. I could be wrong. I replaced it to fix that code, it made that one go away but not this one.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Oh boy .. it will require droping the tank .. thats why i do all the possible tests before i decide on that

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are all the tests I should do? I have check everything for vaccume leaks... With propane and starting fluid. Didn't find anything. Replaced evap purge valve and the gas cap. Still nothing. Cleaned all the possible sensors I could find with maf or electric parts cleaner. Nothing. Looked for any wire damage, nothing. Anything else? I filled my tank up today and my gas gauge quit working. I understand this is due to needing a new fuel level snsor. Would that cause that light?

·
Premium Member
20,436 Posts
What are all the tests I should do? I have check everything for vaccume leaks... With propane and starting fluid. Didn't find anything. Replaced evap purge valve and the gas cap. Still nothing. Cleaned all the possible sensors I could find with maf or electric parts cleaner. Nothing. Looked for any wire damage, nothing. Anything else? I filled my tank up today and my gas gauge quit working. I understand this is due to needing a new fuel level snsor. Would that cause that light?
Now you have an excuse to drop the tank. :cheesy:

Reactions: tannybrown

·
Premium Member
20,436 Posts
Wis.....

·
Registered
2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T
41 Posts
I understand I am really late to this conversation but I just got the code yesterday and mine had 1f instead of the double 00 after the p0452. Is there anything I should check for??

·
Registered
13,441 Posts
Your guessing device guess 1F.

·
Registered
2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T
41 Posts
It scanned a P0452(1f) and well said something about a EVAP sensor problem. Just really unsure on how to fix this problem.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Check ur purge valve is not passing vacuum while de-energized, and if not, inspect pressure sensor wiring around the fuel tank, if wiring ok drop the tank and replace pressure sensor

·
Registered
2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T
41 Posts
So far the code never came back and it went away on its own. Since the code never came back I can't really know exactly where is the problem exactly is but I am going to change the canister and get a smoker test on the EVAP lines to see if there is any leaks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts