SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a 2007 9-3 2 days ago, the previous owner, whom is reputable, said there was no check engine lights. I was told it was running with 87 or 89 before, and was about a quarter tank full when I picked it up. In short, I topped it off with premium and threw some fuel injection cleaner in it as well. The next day this code popped up which I then noticed I had stupidly left the gas cap completely loose (no clicks). I tightened the gas cap about an hour ago, but am not sure if any of these things could actually even shoot this code(?). Do I have a reason to worry that these actions could just be coincidental timing for the code to show up and I have an issue? Or is just one of these things that caused it? Or does this code for sure mean it's something else?

·
Super Moderator
2,508 Posts
Reactions: Saaberachi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to find a Swedish shop that specializes in Saabs. They will not install used OEM converters, but will do emission passing aftermarket with warranty. They told me it would be about $1000 ballpark for the repair. Does this sound normal? I thought this type job was a lot pricier!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts