SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got the p0411 code. It is for the SAI system. a bad flow pattern. So i took a look at the check valve and pump. the hose that go to the air filter box is all wet. my filter has a wet corner, the condensation comes right out the check valve. I left the car on while it was warm and checked the hose while it was running to see it all.

Now i know i need a new check valve, but how will i know if i need a pump?

right now i left the hose disconnected from the air filter and from the check valve to stop water from going to the pump... is that okaY?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Do you hear the Pump working at start up.... if not you may need a new pump... or it's full of water. There's a fix you find with a search if it's not shot.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what does it sound like

the fix i found was to take a shop vac and vacuum out the water

·
Registered
35 Posts
what does it sound like

the fix i found was to take a shop vac and vacuum out the water

What you do to check if your pump is shot is to first try to get as much water out of it as possible with the whole shop vac method. Then early in the morning when ur car has been sitting overnight or i think the engine has to be a cold for the pump to activate, undo the hose at the check valve. if your pump is working, u will know it, as the amount of air pushing through the hose should be about the same as putting ur shop vac on reverse suction. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts