SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know this p0300 code has been gone over hundreds of times. I have searched and have not found anything that matches my issue. I have a p0300 code that I have reset multiple times. It keeps coming back every time the outside temp drops below about 40 deg.F. when this happens is when I start the car in the morning. The car starts fine but surges up and down between 650 and 1000 rpm. I have cleaned mas air flow sensor changed coils, put in new brake booster vacuum pump ( oil leak) and checked for vacuum leaks. I can't seem to find any vacuum leaks but my vacuum is only 16-17Hg until the engine gets warm (180ish Deg.F.)then it is a pretty steady 19Hg. is this normal? My fuel trim also seems to be very low in this time with short term around -10 and long term around +4 when warm the trims are about -3 short term and long term stays the same at +4. Is this normal. The car does seam to have a slight stutter that I can barely feel when it is warmed up and I get on the gas while driving. I will say I did get these readings with the Torque app (going to catch sh** for that) but they seem pretty consistent. Oh I almost forgot the car is an 04 9-3 2.0t linear with 140000 miles on it. It does have the bad seal on the steering pump that is allowing it to over flow ( I ordered the seal and will install as soon as it arrives. Could this be the problem? It does seem to make a lot of noise when I start the car. Could this seal cause low vacuum until it warms up? I would like to build on this car a little but want it to be smooth before I do anything to mess it up!

·
Super Moderator
19,781 Posts
Fix the power steering then report back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fixed the steering.

Fixed the power steering leak. No change in the cold idle issue. going to start just replacing vacuum lines and looking for turbo piping leaks. Maybe I'll torque the head bolts. could I get away with reusing the valve cover gasket on this car or is it a must replace? I was thinking it could be a temp sensor problem but my intake temp from the obd reader seems to be fine as does the coolant temp. Any ideas to check would be nice.

·
Super Moderator
19,781 Posts
Leave the head bolts alone for now. Definitely start checking hoses. How do the spark plugs look?

·
Super Moderator
19,781 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts