SaabCentral Forums banner

p0300, p0304, p0306 Bad ecu?

272 Views 14 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  coolcow37
Hi everyone i a have a cylinder 4 and 6 misfire also a random misfire detected coded i swaped the coils with a different set and i still got the same message. i also checked the injectors and they were all goo so im thinking that its the ecm i also scanned the car with the tech 2 and it just gave me the same codes for the same issues. if anyone can help me confirm that it is the ecm that would be greatly appreciated thanks
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2001 9-5 SportCombi 2.0t SE auto-4
592 Posts
WIS says the fault can be the fuel mixture too lean/rich, insufficient compression, poor spark plugs causing incomplete compression. If the spark plugs are okay, the ignition coil might be the culprit.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WIS says the fault can be the fuel mixture too lean/rich, insufficient compression, poor spark plugs causing incomplete compression. If the spark plugs are okay, the ignition coil might be the culprit.
some one said that it the fuel pressure sensor so i ordered one of those but i think its because of the coils even though there new they are an aftermarket brand. i thought that its the ground but i threw a direct ground to the head and no change but thanks anyway

· Registered
2001 9-5 SportCombi 2.0t SE auto-4
592 Posts
Of course, everything is possible including a shot ECU, but lets not assume the worse things first.;)

Check the connector for dirt and pushed out connectors.

In the Opel forums (the Insignia uses the same engine, codename LP9), users are discussing about closing the spark gap to 0.8 - 0.7mm. I'm neither pro or against this "fix", but be aware that if you go this way you are strictly advised that you are doing it on your own risk. The coils might be done anyway, so you want to replace at least those throwing the fault code.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Of course, everything is possible including a shot ECU, but lets not assume the worse things first.;)

Check the connector for dirt and pushed out connectors.

In the Opel forums (the Insignia uses the same engine, codename LP9), users are discussing about closing the spark gap to 0.8 - 0.7mm. I'm neither pro or against this "fix", but be aware that if you go this way you are strictly advised that you are doing it on your own risk. The coils might be done anyway, so you want to replace at least those throwing the fault code.
alright thanks for the help ill keep you guys updated if it fixes the issue. thanks guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts