SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Saab 9-3 Linear 2.0
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 9-3 Linear and been trying to fix the dreaded p0300 code. The only other code to pop up for a little was a P0411, but for right now it's gone and I don't care for it. As for the misfires, I replaced my plugs with some NGK Iridium IX's all gapped at .037 inches and also 4 coil packs that are correct parts for the car. It is still misfiring though... Someone sold me another ICM that I also replaced, but it seemed to cause a ton more misfires than my previous one so I undid that. It's mostly misfiring at idle, I've checked for vacuum leaks but just not seeing anything unusual.. What is the next thing to do? I just wanna pass emissions.

·
Super Moderator
9,352 Posts
p0300 is more likely vac leak..ICM aka audio control panel will have no affect on misfires..

·
Registered
2003 Saab 9-3 Linear 2.0
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
p0300 is more likely vac leak..ICM aka audio control panel will have no affect on misfires..
Well that's weird then cause I swapped the ICM out for another one and it cause the engine to misfire a lot more and shakes the car.

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
I think you mean ECM (engine control module), right? You know the ICMs are the radio/stereo/amps, right (infotainment control module)? I would have your evap system smoked for leaks first to rule that out. Then try to determine which cylinders are misfiring the most. What brand coils did you install/where did you buy them from?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
it will be intreating to explain if the ICM causes misfire 🤣🤣🤣.
Im guessing CDM , cause people call it ignition control module or ionization control module 🤷‍♂️.
Anyway, answering @swedespeed7 will be a good start

·
Registered
2003 Saab 9-3 Linear 2.0
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you mean ECM (engine control module), right? You know the ICMs are the radio/stereo/amps, right (infotainment control module)? I would have your evap system smoked for leaks first to rule that out. Then try to determine which cylinders are misfiring the most. What brand coils did you install/where did you buy them from?
No actually it's called Ionization module or ignition control module my bad. As for the coils I just got 2 new ones in the mail which is all I could afford right now, they're from Proparts. I found someone with a scanner(not tech2 but saw some info)and he said 1 and 3 were the problem. Today I will try to swap out the coils to 1 and 3 and see if those are it.

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Coils are no good unless they have SAAB/mitsubishi stamped on the side

1 - 10 of 10 Posts