SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get the P0300 or P0305 errors before? Aero model if that matters...When on - the car is a little slow to accelerate and jerky but still sort of driveable... Happenned yesterday to my wife while merging onto the highway, engine light flickered, then when she got on backroads everything seemed fine.. No codes to pull. I took it this morning, it was driving fine, then the same thing happened to me while merging on the highway, I cleared the codes and it was fine.. Recently the "Service Vehicle Soon" light came on about.... 61k miles...Thanks....Did the TB about 10k ago....

·
Super Moderator
19,474 Posts
Replace coil number 5.

·
Super Moderator
19,474 Posts
Also, check for vacuum leaks on the lines. The plastic tends to get brittle and you will likely break something when replacing the coil. Keep some JB Weld on hand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replace coil number 5.

May I ask what leads you to #5? Did the same thing happen to you? I suppose that I could buy one and keep swapping as well... Maybe it is even the plugs, I should swap those out...

·
Super Moderator
19,474 Posts
P0305 means you have a misfire on cylinder number 5. P0300 means you have multiple misfires, this usually means there is a broken vacuum line somewhere. Yes, replace the plug while you are in there as you don't want to go back in twice anytime soon (due to things breaking easily).

We have the 2.8 motor on the 9-3 so your issue isn't isolated to the 9-4x. If you have engine issues at any point in the future feel free to ask in the 9-3 forum. Not much traffic down here.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636130

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P0305 means you have a misfire on cylinder number 5. P0300 means you have multiple misfires, this usually means there is a broken vacuum line somewhere. Yes, replace the plug while you are in there as you don't want to go back in twice anytime soon (due to things breaking easily).

We have the 2.8 motor on the 9-3 so your issue isn't isolated to the 9-4x. If you have engine issues at any point in the future feel free to ask in the 9-3 forum. Not much traffic down here.

I CANNOT thank you enough for all of this information...

Thanks so much!

Are you familiar with the bay of the 9-4x any guesses on how much vacumn hose I should have on hand, is 5/32 usually good?

Thanks! I haven't changes vacumn hoses since my 900 and 9000's lol

·
Super Moderator
19,474 Posts
I would assume the bay is similar to the 9-3? Number 5 would be in the back right corner facing the engine. I see no reason cylinder number would change between the 9-3 and 9-4 since it is the same motor.

Not sure on the hose diameter, but you will probably need to replace a whole section as the breaks tend to happen at check valves. When you are in there inspect things closely and look for broken items. Snap a pic (close and back away so we can see what line it is) and post it in the 9-3 forum and they can usually identify the part number. Be aware some of these lines can be $50-$100 each. Sometimes you can JB Weld the plastic back together temporarily.

Please be careful when you dive in there as the plastic is certainly brittle. Try not to break too many things or the costs can add up. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
19,474 Posts
Also, sorry it took 3 months for someone to respond. I'll try and check down here more often.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, sorry it took 3 months for someone to respond. I'll try and check down here more often.

No worries man. I meant to tell you that this worked like a charm, we don't have as many thngs to pull out in the back, but it still isn't a fun job...

I did all the plugs except #1 at the time... I swear you need to remove the manifold for that.. more digging to do!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Also, check for vacuum leaks on the lines. The plastic tends to get brittle and you will likely break something when replacing the coil. Keep some JB Weld on hand.
Hi

what plastic lines are you referring to .. I’m getting same symptoms and p0330 I want to check for vacuum leaks

was thinking my fuel pressure refulator or icm?

·
Registered
509 Posts
The plastic lines he's referring to are all the brake booster, and PCV lines that change directions, and connect to the manifold above the rear bank.

Also, on MrSPG's two year old post..... You do have to remove the manifold for cylinder 1, it's a PITA for a spark plug, or coil.

P0330 appears to be related to the bank 2 knock sensor, which should be the front side located behind the starter/SAI.

Mariosaab, do you have an Aero, or a NA V6? Also, are you part of the 9-4X FB group?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts