SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 99 9-5 v6 3.0t that was idling rough and accelerating really rough as I drove it. As it continued a CEL for the Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 sensor came up. I tried looking at the WIS (it was for a 2.3 t, but shouldnt it be similar?) and cannot find where this sensor is located whatsoever!

I heard you have to splice it in? If anybody has done this before, pleasepleaseplease offer your wisdom!

Also i seem to lose a lot of coolant as I drive. I'm guessing it could be a head gasket. However, i read if you retorque the head it may fix the problem. Anyone had any experience like that? I would much rather tighten the head than get the all the cylinders machined!

Any insight helps!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I had a P1135 code and replaced the front sensor and code has not appeared again. I ordered the rear sensor as well just to avoid future issues.

Part numbers for my V6 are:

Bosch 16173 (rear) and 16174 (front). These parts come with the correct SAAB connectors, no splicing needed.

The sensors are located near the catalytic converter on the exhaust system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.