SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I get the P0133 bank 1 sensor 1 code here and there.

tried looking for O2 sensor somehwere on the manifold but see nothing.

the only sensor I see is the one just above the throttle boddy.

is this the bank 1 sensor 1 in the pic?

also, what are the alternative replacements for this? are all o2 sensors the same? I got a quote on a replacement o2 sensor from NGK and it was like a million dollars. what is the cheaper alternative?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Nope that's the IAT sensor, it will be on the downpipe that comes out of the drivers side of the turbo. There will be two, one before and one after the cat, sensor 1 is before the cat.

Rockauto among other places is a cheap place to look for an O2 sensor, I'd buy a Bosch one, I got one of the cheaper ones and after about 2 months it started throwing a code for a lean condition.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
The O2 sensor you're looking for is just after the turbo on the downpipe just behind the radiatir fan. Should be sticking straight up with a wire that wraps around the engine to the side of the intake manifold.

Pretty easy to get to and change.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmmmm do any of you guys a picture?

i took off the head shield and found nothing at all that looks like o2 sensor.

maybe im just blind.

·
Registered
666 Posts
mines straight up after the turbo - you should see it

·
Registered
5 Posts

heres a pic of a lambda sensor mines right beside the manifold by the coolant reservoir what u driving? you can use universal o2 sensors but you will most likely have to cut the old connector off and solder the wires together on to the new sensor but bosch and nrk wil work fine. Apparently you can burn off the carbon deposits by heating the sensor until its red hot and then just put it back in ..might be worth a shot to save some cash ..original saab part costs about 120 euro ......size 22 wrench and dont forget the copper paste when u put in back in otherwise ull never get it off again.

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think i was looking on the wrong side.

down pipe is part of the exhaust, right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes it connects from the engine and turbo down to your cat.... it might be hidden under the heatshield but if its sensor 1 its somewhere in between there..try downloading the haynes manual ..very handy to have :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so I went out side, removed the heat shield and there no o2 sensor in the downpipe that I can see.

I saw 3 plugs at the side of the engine. wire from one of them seems to go somewhere towards and under the turbo, not anywhere towards the down pipe.

what is your feedback guys?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Very odd. That's exactly where the sensor should be.

Of those three wires next to the manifold, one is for the CPS (probably the one you followed) and then both the O2 sensors.

You might have to follow the wires to find the sensors.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Those 3 are for (in order of front of car to back): Front O2 sensor, Rear O2 Sensor and coolant temp sensor (runs to right before the thermostat housing), the CPS is a separate plug that normally is hidden under the engine cover. Just follow the front plug and trace the wire back.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Very odd. That's exactly where the sensor should be.

Of those three wires next to the manifold, one is for the CPS (probably the one you followed) and then both the O2 sensors.

You might have to follow the wires to find the sensors.
Hmm, on my car the CPS is not one of those three. It (CPS) plugs in a lead on top of the intake which I thought goes into the mass wiring to the ECU.

Edit: like jake said

1 - 12 of 12 Posts