SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CEL has came on again. I had just replaced the O2 sensor after it had cam on the first time. I had the code cleared and it was off for about 2 days. Then it came on again. I have been noticing more and more blue smoke upon start-up and was a quart low at my last oil change. I realize that the most likely cause is turbo malfunction, but are there any other options i have besides dropping it off at the service center along all my money? Are there rebuild kits available or seals that can be replaced? I have a friend that has a stock turbo off a mitsubishi eclipse gst, i believe a td05h. would it be possible for it to fit and run properly? sorry for all the questions, i am just trying to gather myself.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Can't help you with the fault code i'm afraid, i haven't a list. You could try checking the PCV pipes below the engine cover, your car is the same year as mine and i've had these pipes replaced. If they are squishy they will need swapping as they are an essential part of the engines breather system. As far as i'm aware the only two bolt on turbo's you can use are the Garrett GT17 and the Mitsubishi TDO4 (with additional pipes). HTH

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Code P0133 translates to:

02s Circuit slow response, Sensor 1

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well today i was poking my head around under the hood (bonnet) looking for anything that looked suspicious, and i noticed oil around a "sensor" located directly below the recirculating valve on the delivery pipe. I removed the sensor and it was coated in oil. I was not sure if this was normal, and i didnt get a chance to check the throttle body. One more question, where exactly is the pcv valve, i looked, but i couldnt find it.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Lift up the engine cover and you will find a white valve within some 4mm vacuum pipe, infront of the throttle body.

On my car its the alloy valve in the pic put it will be in the same place:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
my car is kinda studdering when i give it gas... especially in 2nd in the low rpms. if i hit it harder it seems to work fine, but if i try to gradually increase my speed, it bogs down :cry: . i will check my pcv valve, thanks for the pic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts