SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This code has come up after scanning the engine code. I have tried throttle body cleaner sprayed in after the mass air flow sensor, which put the light out two days later, but it is back on. I saw one thread that mentioned an air inlet temperature sensor on a 93, but where is it on a 2000 95?? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got a P0172 twice last week, change the MAF, gone for a few days, now I got a P1110 code yesterday, any help decoding that one pls?? Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any chance you can give me a better location/ID on the dump valve? Do you think the problem is the sensor?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Open the hood, the dump valve is behind the radiator on the right hand side. Its connected to the delivery pipe that runs vertically to the throttle body.

·
Registered
230 Posts
waynlewis said:
I got a P0172 twice last week, change the MAF, gone for a few days, now I got a P1110 code yesterday, any help decoding that one pls?? Thanks.[/QUOTE

P1110 - Charge Air Bypass Valve - performance problems.
Either a fault with the bypass valve itself, the solenoid valve or the connecting hoses.

First thing I would do is the check the hoses connected to the valve and go from there. If your hoses are still original that could solve the problem.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks pab95, but I just changed that valve about 3weeks ago. The only thing I've done recently(this weekend) was to change the turbo and MAF. I did disconnect the DI and left the connector pointing upwards and sprayed a electric connector cleaner on the connections. I also cleaned the tube and replaced the O-ring.
Right now, I have those 3codes and the car is driving at about 40-50mph.
How about codes p1410 and p0004??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changing the air intake sensor should just be a matter of unscrewing it after disconnecting the electrical? Any other words of wisdom? Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
waynlewis said:
Thanks pab95. How about p1410 and p0004??
I ran those codes through the SAAB WIS and neither came up as being valid.
Did a quick search online and the P1410 came up as an EGR valve position sensor malfunction. That was for a Toyota though. Not sure if it is a generic code or not. P0004 does not come up as being valid at all!

·
Registered
230 Posts
BrentB said:
Changing the air intake sensor should just be a matter of unscrewing it after disconnecting the electrical? Any other words of wisdom? Thanks
No! Thats all there is to it. Its less than a 5 minute job.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
BrentB said:
Yes - screw in the new one ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Assuming the electrical connector comes apart easy and you can get a wrench on the base of the sensor, you know all the stuff they make look easy on tv.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
You'll be fine - the "force of the forum" is with you :p

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
waynlewis said:
Thanks pab95, but I just changed that valve about 3weeks ago. The only thing I've done recently(this weekend) was to change the turbo and MAF. I did disconnect the DI and left the connector pointing upwards and sprayed a electric connector cleaner on the connections. I also cleaned the tube and replaced the O-ring.
Right now, I have those 3codes and the car is driving at about 40-50mph.
How about codes p1410 and p0004??
Pull the ECU fuse, think it's 17 but double check, for 10 minutes to clear the codes. See if they come back as valid codes.

Also, if the car is lacking in power, I'd be willing to bet your in "Limp Home Mode." Do a forum search on it, and how to reset it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Actually, the codes are p1310 and p1103, my mistake. I don't think i'm in 'Limp Home' mode, but something is really wrong now cuz I'm spewing a trail of white smoke and hearing a clanking sound from the turbo area.

I'm just thinking about taking the car to the deal now and get it done with.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Code P1310 - DI Cassette is not powered in bank 1. Either the wiring harness is not connected properly or there is a short in the wiring.

Code P1103 - Invalid code

Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Sounds almost like coolant is getting into your exhaust. Turbo may have failed. Not sure why your car would run at all with a P1310 code. Strange that you'd be getting a false code too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Turbo failed. Seals blown and leaking oil into the exhaust. Just took a look and saw the oil leak down and into the exhaust. And it's a fresh rebuild, just like the one Wulf has, just installed on Saturday.

And thanks for checking the codes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Changing the sensor made the code disappear in a couple of days and it has stayed off. Thanks for the help and saving me a bunch of $$$$$$$

1 - 20 of 21 Posts