SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 Saab 9-5 Turbo6 XWD and I brought the car to the mechanic for a check engine light. THE CODE was a P0101 and I already replaced the MAF sensor 3 times and it still shows the check engine light. What should i do to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also sometimes when starting up the car or when I'm driving the car starts to shake up and down

·
Registered
6 Posts
sounds like a possible air leak causing the computer to try and compensate to keep it idling. Check all the hoses and hose connections to good connection or cracks.

also, on our Audi it is very sensitive to the brand of the MAF. I tried the cheap route and returned them for the much more expensive Bosch brand. Problem solved.

·
Super Moderator
1,535 Posts
sounds like a possible air leak causing the computer to try and compensate to keep it idling. Check all the hoses and hose connections to good connection or cracks.

also, on our Audi it is very sensitive to the brand of the MAF. I tried the cheap route and returned them for the much more expensive Bosch brand. Problem solved.
Exactly, there’s no way the MAF went bad three times unless you have physical damage to your wiring harness or something equally major. You likely have a vacuum leak. And if you ever do have to replace it, just order an OEM one:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also sometimes when driving there is a smell of fuel and also when the engine is off, there is some weird mechanical noise coming from the engine bay. As i said before every 1 in 20 times i start the car, the turbo revs itself and I have to restart the car to fix the problem. What are the main problems

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've gotten a couple MAF faults over the past year. New MAF and the code came back 6 months later, car runs and drives fine so i just clear it. Eventually whatever is causing it will show itself.

I'm betting intercooler leak. you should do a smoke test of the vacuum lines and intercooler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts