SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing turbo flutter once the engine is warmed up. I replaced both solenoids and the bypass diaphragm (it was torn). I used to get the code everyday, now I get it maybe once a week. all the vacuum lines look good. any ideas?

I used the quote below for help.

Last year I experienced turbo flutter followed by P0033 and limp home mode. Pulling the negative would reset the code but the car would intermittently run right or throw the code again. I replaced (unnecessarily) the turbo bypass valve diaphragm from http://www.vivaperformance.com/mitsubishi-cbv-upgrade-kit/ because the problem continued. (Note that I have an Arc and did not want to replace the entire turbo bypass valve. This diaphragm does not work with the Linear turbo.) My old diaphragm was not torn and appeared to be in good condition as did the spring, but I replaced it anyway since I already had the new parts.

I then replaced the boost control valve (part # 12787706) in ctrlz's picture:

This solved the problem. The solenoid inside it was sticking and causing the code.

Do not rule out the solenoid as a culprit, especially if the turbo bypass diaphragm appears to be in good condition.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would suggest a boost leak test. I've read some of the peeps here have had the bpv diaphram go bad and that causes an air leak. You could also simply remove it and inspect it. Not very hard to do if you can pretty much turn a ratchet you can do it.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would suggest a boost leak test. I've read some of the peeps here have had the bpv diaphram go bad and that causes an air leak. You could also simply remove it and inspect it. Not very hard to do if you can pretty much turn a ratchet you can do it.
already replaced the BPV diaphragm, it was torn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did this ever get fixed? I have the same problem along with p0638 and I can't get it fixed.
I had the 0033 for a month before I fixed it with a brand new aftermarket bpv from forge. I didn't see any damage on the original diaphragm but the new valve is piston based so that's it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts