SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am considering putting the OZ 18" rims on (Ultraleggera)
my 06' 2.0T. Does anyone have those on too?
And what's centering ring and why it is required for those
rims???
Thanks.

·
Registered
473 Posts
centering ring .. if im correct .. is a plastic ring that goes on before the wheel / rim to stop it from being bolted on wrong, and decreases vibration .. thats what g-roads told me. i drove without them on my vw and it was so bumpy .. put them on.. $10 each so much better and put nitro fill in the tires makes it even smoother!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I know this doesn't answer any of your questions but, If I had more money those would definitely be my wheels of choice. If you get them make sure you post pictures, I would like to see how they look!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
those are the ones with a billion spokes right?

get them from tirerack.. they are cheapest there and come ready for mounting (with the ring inside).

they were my second choice, but were a bit pricey for me. good luck with your choice though, i'm sure they'll look great on your car.. esp if it's a dark color.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The centering ring allows the wheel to be centered on the hub so there are trye. If you don't use them you will have serious viberation problems. Use metal centering rings, plastic warp with heat transference. OZ rims ae excellent rims, Ferrari uses OZ on their F1 cars.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have them on my Aero Looks nice. They are super light.. Just remember they are not tank wheels so be nice to them. Here are a couple images from and old autocross. Maybe I should wash it and take some pics. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot guys:D

I was also considering the 35th anniversary rims but they are just
way too heavy (28 ponds each). Other than that, the 35th should
look really nice on 93.
I also think the price of putting on the Ultraleggera will be an upgraded
brake kit latter on:eek:.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts