SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Experts,
I need your help. I am attempting to replace the downstream oxygen sensor on my car and cant seem to locate it. 2003 Saab 9.3 Liner. Can someone help me locate it, My cars on ramps and I have looked up and down the bottom with no luck. Right side, leftside, under something..... It would be awesome if you can send me a picture too PLEASE!!

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
I'm not really familiar with the newer 9-3s, but the WIS says that the lower turbocharger pressure pipe needs to be removed to access that O2 sensor. The drawing in the WIS shows that the pipe is attached with screw-type band clamps and that the pipe runs under the engine from one side to the other... Ron

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Welcome to SaabCentral, Kaju
The 2003 9-3 has a new/different body shell(unless she is a convertible..) thus, this tidbit may affect the O2 sensor.
A downstream unit would be after the cat-con, either find and trace wires or completely feel around...But, in all honesty, I do not even know, 100%, if the newer '03 Saab uses a "down-stream"..

·
Registered
71 Posts
They definitly have a downstream O2 sensor, i just replaced the upstream which can be down from the engine bay and now I have CEL for the downstream, which is after the cat and from what i hear is a pain to replace. There goes my weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts