SaabCentral Forums banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is my first post here. I am a member at TBSS owners and Trailvoy but I have only been lurking here... I got my '07 9-7x 5.3i Altitude Edition back in November and then 2 weeks ago a driver in a camry lost control and took out 8 vehicles, including the mine and then the insurance company totaled it...
[/URL]
Today I picked up its replacement! A 2 owner Graphite Gray '06 5.3i with 59k miles.
[IMG][URL="http://s843.photobucket.com/user/jakev1021/media/20140222_163750_zpsc33ecba3.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz352/jakev1021/20140222_163750_zpsc33ecba3.jpg[/URL]
Sorry only have a butt shot before she was backed in the garage! Dang looks like I need another replacement emblem - I should have taken the new one off the '07 that I just replaced![/quote]

Congrats on the new one, and sorry about the crashed one.

I need a new badge too.

[color=gray]Sent from [url=http://www.autoguide.com/mobile]AutoGuide.com App[/url][/color]

·
Registered
5 Posts
New to me '06 9-7x 5.3i

I picked this up on Dec 31, 2013. I'm on a few other forums relating to it (GMTNation, TBSS), but I thought it would be appropriate to sign up here, too. We can see that it's Lingonberry Red Metallic. The interior is Sand. It doesn't have Nav or DVD. I bought it with 101k miles from the 2nd owner (he had it since about 25k miles). It's been garage kept and used Mobil1. It had nearly new tires and all around brake job recently. I paid $7k. Since I bought it, here's what I've done, in no particular order:

All driveline fluids.
TransGo kit, billet servos
LS1 efans - PCM of NC (may upgrade to Spal fans)
Cold Air Intake - coldairinductions.com black powdercoated
PCM of NC tune - nice tune, and removed DOD
JBA catback exhaust - autoanything.com had the best price
Delco iridium plugs, Delco wires

Soon to come:
Trans cooler with fan - probably use PCM of NC
Circle D torque converter
ARH headers
Healthy but not obnoxious cam :D - jury is still out on which one
KBEE or Belltech coilovers - not sure yet - TBSS store
Belltech rear coil springs (air ride delete)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Soon to come:
ARH headers
Nice looking ride.
I really like my belltech rear springs/shocks. best mod i've done so far. I've got the front belltech kit on the shelf just haven't gotten around to doing it. Next on my list is 2wd conversion and a 4.10 rear end.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am not ready to let go of the auto leveling. I also like the air compressor.
it got to the point that at least 5 times a week I went outside and it was sitting on the bump stops. I just cranked the sensors around to keep the compressor from turning on and left everything hooked up so the pump still works.

·
Registered
142 Posts
it got to the point that at least 5 times a week I went outside and it was sitting on the bump stops. I just cranked the sensors around to keep the compressor from turning on and left everything hooked up so the pump still works.
I just saw a post on tbssowners about that (adjusting the ride height). I might try it, but i'll need the lower the front, too. I also like the fact the compressor can be kept intact.

I had an issue with my 4.2i sagging in the morning, so I bought some OEM replacements and never had any sag issues after (then my 4.2i got totaled).

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hope image works.. Trying to use my phone ;) just picked up a 97x .. 95k miles . had a head light issue and a sticky brake, but dealership fixed it no charge. Really like the vehicle!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome to the community.

Looks clean.

It also looks like the seat bottom is tiltedup all the way. I feel like I was in my grandad's med bed when it's like that, hah.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya it's up high but I kinda like it. It's so weird seeing things now lol. My impala was kinda hard to see out of. Also I had the easy out feature on when I took those photos lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I picked this up on Dec 31, 2013. I'm on a few other forums relating to it (GMTNation, TBSS), but I thought it would be appropriate to sign up here, too. We can see that it's Lingonberry Red Metallic. The interior is Sand. It doesn't have Nav or DVD. I bought it with 101k miles from the 2nd owner (he had it since about 25k miles). It's been garage kept and used Mobil1. It had nearly new tires and all around brake job recently. I paid $7k. Since I bought it, here's what I've done, in no particular order:

All driveline fluids.
TransGo kit, billet servos
LS1 efans - PCM of NC (may upgrade to Spal fans)
Cold Air Intake - coldairinductions.com black powdercoated
PCM of NC tune - nice tune, and removed DOD
JBA catback exhaust - autoanything.com had the best price
Delco iridium plugs, Delco wires

Soon to come:
ARH headers

Which JBA exhaust fits the 5.3i? I have been in touch with JBA and they have this one -

http://shop.jbaheaders.com/jba-performance-exhaust-40-3027-3-stainless-steel-exhaust-system-02-06-trailblazer-envoy-2-4-wheel-drive.html

Part 40-3027

Autoanything has the one for the TBSS 6.0

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/61A2281A0A0.aspx

Part 40-3048

They are both 3 inch, one is for 02-06 Trailblazer/Envoy (JBA site) and the other is for the 06 TBSS (Auto Anything).

Which one fits? They are obviously different part numbers and the exhaust looks noticeably different (I like the exhaust tip from Auto Anything)

Thanks!

(New Saab 9-7x owner, former 9-3 2.0T owner that was totaled!)

121 - 140 of 153 Posts