SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY94 CSE LPT overheated badly yesterday - we're talking needle past the end of the red above the 'H' :eek:

Head gasket's just been done - like <1000 miles ago.

Rad fan did not come on.

I've water on spark plug 3's tip.

It died on me during travel and won't start back up.

Water running from between manifold & turbo.

Any thoughts? My dad suggests thermostat and rad therm switch.

cheers
Dan.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Sounds like you've warped the head badly, probably cracked it too.It could be a relay or more likely corrosion of the blue wire at the rad switch that stopped the fan from coming on although neither are important right now with that head job to do!

Replacement head by the sound of it, here's a pic of my cracked one.

Cracked Head

David.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but David is right, and I have been there recently.

This is exactly what happened to me when my idler bearing/belt failed using warp drive on the autobahn.
If you are lucky it is just the head gasket.

In my case is was a warped head beyond skimming. So new rebuilt head. Also the DI took this opportunity to melt. They also changed the therm./plug/oil/lot of gaskets and studs and as it was at a Saab dealer it worked out very costly.

If you are really unlucky the cylinder w/ water in it is no longer round but has changed to an oval shape; replace engine time.

Rigging-up an overheating buzzer would be a cheap investment, which I will do if I can figure out how to wire it.

Good luck, hope it is just the head gasket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts