SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a series of problems recently developed on my 98 9000 Anny 2.0. The climate is not working (new clutch to compressor required), the dash display only occasionaly tells me anything other than speed and revs (am guessing when to fill up) and three times it has overheated (I have had a new thermostat fitted to no avail). Is there any possible link between these things? I have spent a bit of money investigating these things (dash off, regassing etc.) but don't want to spend to much more.

I love the car, and cannot think what to buy if i get rid, but i am driving 20000 a year, and have already done 220k.

Incidentally, can anyone desribe the sound of a chain that needs replacing - i heard a clicking sound from the engine today (?......)

Thanks

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
Clicking sound whose frequency goes with engine rpms means one (or more)stuck valve lifter, not a bad chain. Worn chain sounds more like a rattle than a click. Also, this rattle comes from chain-side of the engine (driver's side for you brits :cheesy:, if it come from the middle of the engine, it's not the chain(s). B204s like yours tend to have quite long-lasting chains, though.

Overheating: does the radiator fan turn on if you let the car idling long enough? is your expansion tank cap working good?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thanks.

I think the fan is cutting in, but not sure about the cap.

The sound is coming from the drivers side. I'll have another listen to the precise nature of it.

Is it possible that there is a connection between the other things i described, or is it just coincidence, do you think?

Simon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts