SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got to make this quick as I'm at work right now, but I'll will still try to explain it in a coherent way.

I noticed on the way to work that the turbo was boosting into the red, not much but still enough to be noticed, maybe 2-3/8ths of an inch. I didn't pay much attention as it would drop back into the yellow after a couple seconds.

However when I got to work I noticed the temperature gauge was about ¾ of the way up and climbing. I immediately shut the engine off and turned the key back on so both fans would come on, and then popped the bonnet to check the coolant. Coolant was fine but what I assume is the boost cutout solenoid was clicking about twice a second, maybe a bit slower. It didn’t stop so I unplugged it so it wouldn’t wear itself out or run the battery down etc etc while I was at work. The solenoid I’m talking about is located on the front and to the left of the coil.

I’m assuming that its not dumping off pressure or such and the APC is retarding the engine or something to get it out of the red.

Would this cause the engine to overheat or is that unrelated?

Gotta go get some work done, thanks in advance for any ideas, tips, help, etc.

Cheers,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts