SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I friend is playing with an LPT'90 Lucas CU14, he fitted an Intercooler and chip at ECU.

Unfortunately the boost cuts aprox. at 0.6 bar. This car have no overboost switch behind knee panel so as i read in other post the overboost is implemented at the ECU.

Is there any way to bypass this protection? We fitted a calibrated gauge and he knows what is doing, so no problem to delete this protection.

I read some posts to bypass the overboost joining to brown cables going to the relay near the ECU but all about Bosh LH, and I not sure if it's the same for CU14.

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
there should be fuel cut-out switch that cuts power to the fuel pump relay at 0,6 bar on lpt.

I`m almost sure there is one, I do have Lucas lpt car that I recently upgrades to fpt ... I changed the cut-out switch with my hands ...

You can just adjust it by turning the centre screw ...

joining those wires at the fuel pump relay effectively means bypasing the fuel cut-out switch ...

go and search ... :)

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
There is an overboost fuel-cut switch in the LPT ... unlike the FPT, it has only one port (thanks, Kurbads ;) ), so just pull the vacuum pipe that runs through the firewall on the LHS of the car off the manifold, or bung up the other end.

Here it is:

... looking up the LHS footwell, here's the vac pipe (the blue one):

... just pull it off the overboost switch and join it to a new pipe running up to an aftermarket boost gauge. Job, erm, "jobbed" :cool:

IMO, it's buried too deep to get at the electric connections easily. Save that for when you have the dash out and the knee-board off. In the meantime, just bypass the vac line past it ... it won't know what the pressure is, so won't cut out.

Enjoy ;)

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
If it has the cut out switch then you can open the speaker grille and pull the white and blue wires out and splice them together, it also makes a very handy anti start switch so nobody will be able to start your car even if they have the key or bust the locks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wooooaaa ... many thanks for the answers and pictures ... infact We will do some research to find the switch. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts