SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Last week a tractor-trailer blew a tire in front of me and my only option was to run it over because there wasn't enough time to stop and I couldn't swerve in to the other lane. When this happened it pretty much destroyed the plastic under the front bumper and my outside temp now only shows ---F. I did some research and found that the sensor is located on the front bumper and when I looked on my car it seemed to still be hanging there, but is it possible it go destroyed when I hit the tire, even though it is still plugged in?

It's a 2006 9-3 Sedan.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
202 Posts
It should be attached and not hanging. Mine went bad and was still connected. Part was inexpensive and it was and easy fix. My Saab is an 03 9-3. I would guess it is the same.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Also check the wiring between the sensor and the 10-pin under the washer bottle. A broken or corroded wire is pretty common also. Ive also thought of just mounting this sensor near the bottle anyway to keep it in a less hazardous location, but also it seems the hotter/sunnier the outdoor temp. is, the more inaccurate the reading because of the baking road surface.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sensor is connected to the wiring but just hanging from there. Does the actual sensor plug in somewhere, or is it usually just mounted to the bumper? Thanks

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Sensor clips in to the centre of the lower front grille, from behind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts