SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know plenty of people on here have a PPC. i want to hear from people who have a different chip. tell me what you think of it. would you buy it again?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, youre probably right. i could have SWORE that i had seen some guys on here w/ Abbott others. oh well i guess.

i hear ya man, i cant wait to get whatever it is that i decide on!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess that answers that. PPC it is! i justwanted to make sure i at least investigated my options, before making a purchase. thanks saba.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
I was seriously thinking Abbott until I realised that the car would be off the road for a week... waiting for the exchange.. and the cost was more. So I went PPC stage 1 and am always waiting for tomorrow morning to take her out again on the open road.
The Way to go.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, plus this way, when im ready for stage 3, itll only be a download, rather than a reflash. good call!

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have the abbott kit....ECU, new wastegate, and a actuator for the air mass sensor, you recive a installation manual, but it is quite recomended to go to a dealer.

I put my impressions in some other messages...

there is also the Nordic kit, take a look at genuinesaab.com or the nordic website in swedish.

you can check the power at the dyno, 215bhp and 306NM.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45398&highlight=abbott

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40939&highlight=abbott
the problem of the BSR is that the torque curve is not so good as the original it is less flat and you loose the smoothness of the original and the good torque in low revs(you have more torque but not so responsive), you have a little "lag" and the power comes with a big punch.

With the abbott as you can see in the graph, it has big power in middle high revs, at low revs is more progresive and in some situations it has a few "lag", it looses some punch at low, but looking at the turbo gauge you can see that is the ECU that is limited it mantains the safety features to avoid a overcharge for example in gearchange and so it is more elaborated and also you have a good "punch".

I could see some dyno charts of Aero's and I can see some differences in the 2003 and 2005 versions...

this is the dyno test of my 175bhp vector with the original ECU, this torque and bhp curve you can translate it to the Aero but with more torque and power in the first Aero's of some friends and mags have a very similar shape, but in a 2005 Aero of one friend it change a lot....it has more torque, the 90% at low revs, it is like the abbott but with the max torque about 2300revs and incredible flat line to 4500 aprox. as anyother Saab turbo, the problem of the BSR is that increase the torque at middle-high revs but loosing the low revs response.

this is the graph of the 2005 Aero....

greetings

·
Registered
128 Posts
Great info Edusaab.

I plan on doing some hardware upgrades first, then I will do upgraded programing later to match.

I will be installing the sport chassis kit in the next week or so, it seems it may be safe now to take off the snow tires.

·
Registered
850 Posts
it is quite recommended.....i made the same, during the change of the ECU i installed the sport chassis, but without the sway bars there is only 1mm of difference, 24mm for the vector and 25mm for the Aero,it could help but....to change the installation time is quite big. I also installed the rear spoiler, and now i am searching who makes a carbon fiber dashboard I saw it at a gallery of the Singapur autoshow, but i don't know who makes that.

mbr performance, a french Saab accessories company makes a carbon fiber kit, but I send to them many mails but they don't answer to it, I think that i will spend that money in a hirsch pedals or the new steering wheel

greetings

·
Registered
850 Posts
mmmm.....I will check, I ordered the kit through the dealer I can imagine they will have it as stock.

greetings

1 - 12 of 12 Posts