SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,508 Posts
Be interested to see what this means for Saab owners. I feel like Orio never did a great job, but I guess I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I imagine this probably where we are start seeing a decline in quality of parts (which has already started happening). I can't imagine the outlook for continued "growth" looks good, this is definitely a shrinking business that will eventually die. Probably in the next 10 years lets me honest.

·
Registered
12,188 Posts
I can't see how this could possibly be worse. Orio was already unable to keep up with the need - they were doing a bare minimum job at best. Perhaps Hedin's use of Orio's infrastructure will effectively decrease Orio's costs and let them do more for the same money. And, Hedin's other businesses may help Orio benefit from volume relationships.

I didn't have a particularly rosy outlook before, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I can't see how this could possibly be worse. Orio was already unable to keep up with the need - they were doing a bare minimum job at best. Perhaps Hedin's use of Orio's infrastructure will effectively decrease Orio's costs and let them do more for the same money. And, Hedin's other businesses may help Orio benefit from volume relationships.

I didn't have a particularly rosy outlook before, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this.
Here's to hoping you are correct! 🍻

·
Registered
14,347 Posts
Remember that Swedish government said: “We will ensure that Saab parts are available over next 10 years, which is why we are buying Saab’s spare parts operations for ourselves” - this was when Saab went bankrupt by GM.

·
Super Moderator
2,508 Posts
Remember that Swedish government said: “We will ensure that Saab parts are available over next 10 years, which is why we are buying Saab’s spare parts operations for ourselves” - this was when Saab went bankrupt by GM.
Exactly. 10 years are up so it’s not looking good IMO. Hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: jvanabra

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I learned to scrounge used and rebuilt parts for old Volvo red block cars relatively easily. So the Saabs become fun weekend hobby cars. That’s okay with me. My 9-5 wagon is my Home Depot car and winter beater when needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts