SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ok, so I am headed on a road trip tomorrow, up to eugene, then catching some surf in lincoln city, and then heading to portland for a friends birthday, and being an extra in a movie called twilight.

Anyways, of coarse, right when i came home today the check engine light came on. It usually ends up going off (it happens from time to time).

However, if I do have some mechanical meltdown,(huge knock on wood) I would feel better if I had the name and # of a reputable shop in portland (near gresham would be best). All just in case.

Thanks all ;)

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
S double-a B said:
Ok, so I am headed on a road trip tomorrow, up to eugene, then catching some surf in lincoln city, and then heading to portland for a friends birthday, and being an extra in a movie called twilight.

Anyways, of coarse, right when i came home today the check engine light came on. It usually ends up going off (it happens from time to time).

However, if I do have some mechanical meltdown,(huge knock on wood) I would feel better if I had the name and # of a reputable shop in portland (near gresham would be best). All just in case.

Thanks all ;)
I think any Autozone or NAPA will pull that code for free! Get it pulled real quick before you leave and see if it's imperative to fix before you leave! :cool:

However, Atomic Auto is actually on 6th and Alder, which is on the right side of the river for ya. On 82nd near Division St. there is Gary Small Saab which is even closer now that I think about it.

Gary Small might be better for a critical fix like that because they have a receptionist that always answers the phone, at Atomic it's just a cell phone. Both are really good places. Gary Small is more expensive though.

Atomic Auto:
(503) 969-3134
[email protected]
www.atomicauto.biz
6th and Alder

Gary Small:
(503) 771-7222
[email protected]
www.saabstory.com
82nd and Division

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
S double-a B said:
Awesome, thanks alot. :D

Im not sure I can pull codes on my car :roll:
Just looked under your name... I'm not so sure either... lol

·
Registered
223 Posts
Rear Ended

Well, the unthinkable happened. :( On tuesday I was sitting at a stop light in lincoln city, and was rear ended by an old lady in a ford escape. Now my hatch wont close, rear bumper is pushed down, and on both sides above the wheel wells, my side pannels are crumpled. She hit me pretty hard.

the saab still drives, but will be considered totalled for sure. I have an appointment with allstate (her insurance) on monday.......AHHHHHH

Now my back hurts, and i have to think about what to do now. I am definatly going to buy it back at salvage price to drive for a bit, and possibly sell the spg bits eventually or keep them for myself.

I want another saab, but will be leaving for ten months in august, so I might just put all my settlement money away until I get back, and then use it for a down payment.

Unless I can find a 90+ 900 (airbags) in great condition, i may step up to something newer, either a 9000 aero (my mechanic let me sit in his and it was awesome!), or perhaps a viggen. :roll:

The whole situation sucks, I dont want a new car at all. Guess thats life. Her insurance accepted full liability, and when my back is better, they are going to offer me a settlement which is negotiable. AHHHHH

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Tough luck man, I'm sorry! :cry:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune and I hope there is no long term affects from the accident. Waiting does sound like a good plan though, that will give you time to think it through. Put the money in a CD or something to pick up a little interest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry to resurrect an old post, but I'm looking for a Southern Oregon Saab mechanic that I can bring an inherited 90's Saab 900 Turbo Convertible. The same old story "ran when last parked" which means the gas and oils are muck by now : )
thx, Rick

21 - 29 of 29 Posts