SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, has anyone from Oregon (Or anywhere else) heard of an auto shop in Portland called "Atomic Auto?" If so, have you had any dealings with them? From what I read on their website it seems that they are a smaller company which is really what I'm looking for since I'm sick of dealers telling me that they won't do something because of "Federal Law."

Here is the website:
http://atomicauto.biz/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,42/

Even if you don't know or haven't dealt with these guys, post something (anything) anyway so I can see how many SaabCentral guys we have here in Oregon. :cool:

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
"Our family ownes two saabs, a 1989 9000CD Turbo and a 1994 900S convertable. The owner of Atomic Auto, Travis Decker has been our mechanic for several years. Mr Decker is not only extremely knowledgable about all aspects of the Saab whole but is very responsive and timely when our Saabs need some...

That says it all, the guys a Saab nut and will be good with you.

·
Registered
460 Posts
SectorNine50 said:
Hey guys, has anyone from Oregon (Or anywhere else) heard of an auto shop in Portland called "Atomic Auto?" If so, have you had any dealings with them? From what I read on their website it seems that they are a smaller company which is really what I'm looking for since I'm sick of dealers telling me that they won't do something because of "Federal Law."

Here is the website:
http://atomicauto.biz/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,42/

Even if you don't know or haven't dealt with these guys, post something (anything) anyway so I can see how many SaabCentral guys we have here in Oregon. :cool:
I heard about them from a fellow SAAB nut. Im gonna give them a shot for my next oil change. I never go downtown but this will give me an excuse:cheesy:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am from Bend Oregon. :D However I live in Ashland most of the time to go to school. I should be up to Portland in a few weeks for a metal show. ;)
Seems like I always see a ton of saabs when I am up there.

·
Registered
460 Posts
S double-a B said:
I am from Bend Oregon. :D However I live in Ashland most of the time to go to school. I should be up to Portland in a few weeks for a metal show. ;)
Seems like I always see a ton of saabs when I am up there.
you should come see my band! the heaviest in Oregon!!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ShadowWorks said:
"Our family ownes two saabs, a 1989 9000CD Turbo and a 1994 900S convertable. The owner of Atomic Auto, Travis Decker has been our mechanic for several years. Mr Decker is not only extremely knowledgable about all aspects of the Saab whole but is very responsive and timely when our Saabs need some...

That says it all, the guys a Saab nut and will be good with you.
Yeah I read that, but I thought I'd ask some first hand experience. ;)

I know a shop in my town that is great, but they are really hard on little parts like clips n' such. I always seem to get my car back and notice a clip is broken, then again I'm kinda a paranoid freak about that kind of stuff so...

·
Registered
223 Posts
If anybody's saab breaks in Bend, Pats Import Auto clinic is the best :cheesy:

You know a good saab shop when the owner has a c900 graveyard, and a sweet tuned 9000 aero of his own. :)

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
S double-a B said:
If anybody's saab breaks in Bend, Pats Import Auto clinic is the best :cheesy:

You know a good saab shop when the owner has a c900 graveyard, and a sweet tuned 9000 aero of his own. :)
Good to know, I'm in Bend all the time actually. My family has a house in Sunriver so I go down to that area a lot lol.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I've heard of them, but never been there.
Unfortunately I live on the other side of town, and the river makes getting there take twice as long as it should. I've always gone to Matts' Saab and Volvo who kind of suck.
T. Scandia is another one, but their schedule is usually pretty full. My car doesn't break on a schedule.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll give travis and his crew a shout out. They are great. I've taken my 9-5 to atomic auto for every service or problem thats cropped up (except my last brake job - and i regret taking it to the brake shop because they charged me up the *** for all that they did... never make that mistake again!) and they have always been very helpful, knowlegable, and tidy in their work. Their place is just a small garage off the street so its easy to miss but in my opinion its the best place in the portland metro area to take a Saab. (I have seen volvos and a subaru or two there, but its primarily SAAB)

I certainly dont have anything bad to say about them. In fact in my experience travis went out of his way to make sure my problems get fixed, so far as to install a new DI cassette and plugs for no charge until he knew that would fix the problem. The guys know their stuff - they know what the problems with the cars are and how to fix em, and they know what kinds of parts/service the cars need to perform their best. Prices seem very fair, i'm positive i would have spent much more at a general repair shop

A++ crew, A++ work in my experience. Hopfully they will move into a new, bigger shop like i heard them talking about a while ago. Sorry to gush but i just have alot to say about these guys! In fact im taking my baby into them tomorrow and since i made the appointment i've actually been excited! haha how twisted is that!!

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
zul said:
A++ crew, A++ work in my experience. Hopfully they will move into a new, bigger shop like i heard them talking about a while ago.
Tell them to move west a little.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mag-X said:
Tell them to move west a little.
West wouldnt be bad... although if they move into the beaverton/tigard area they will have more competition from t scandia and others. I live in beaverton and will be commuting from wilsonville where i work to SE where they are located. But honestly its worth the drive, and access to them from either south or west isnt that hard with I5 and the morrison crossing right there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
T. Scandia isn't that busy right now so you should be able to get right in. How do I know, I just dropped off my car for CEL that turns out to be for a water temp sensor.

·
Registered
460 Posts
just had my car there and they did my oil change and a new clutch cable for $200. good deal? i think so. great guys. i think ive found my shop.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bbmin7(b5) said:
just had my car there and they did my oil change and a new clutch cable for $200. good deal? i think so. great guys. i think ive found my shop.
Awesome! Great to know, I'll be using them later this week. :cool:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I just dropped off my 9-5 at Atomic Auto, my first impression is very good! Travis is a great guy, you can tell he loves these cars. When I pulled in he could tell that I was into performance stuff and started talking shop with me right there. Also set me up with a great tinter which I'll eventually hit up.

The best part is he has a silver 9-5 part car there because some Portland cop had taken off the front end! :eek: Cheap parts, here I come! :cheesy:

So far, I recommend them. It was about a 20-30 minute drive for me in traffic and I can say it was worth it so far! :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts