SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically i'm looking at a variety of upgrades set out over the next little while and whilst the people in Europe and USA are catered for in terms of cheap online stores. In OZ i can't find anything that helps me out...without costing a bucket in shipping

Anyway, have any Australian members had experience shipping stuff from overseas to Oz? Costs involved...some of my pre-emptive searches have shown shipping ending up being more for some parts (eg. exhaust). I'm not fussed if i have to wait 4 weeks for it to be shipped over via surface mail. So i'm just after peoples experiences...

Also if there is a place that is in Oz that i've missed let me know!

Cheers

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have had good experiences with Elkparts where I got a carbon fibre dash and a few other small cosmetic pieces and the shipping was fairly reasonable considering the size of the box. Unfortunately GenuineSaab's postage is proibitive especially on small items like a sport transmission mount. Maybe an Australian group buy is in order:lol:.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't want to mention names, but anything from American is Ridiculously expensive :/

I might see what elkparts will charge for shipping (and how long did it take to get ure stuff?)

I should say i'm shooting for some bilsteins HDs (Or B8s as i think they are called in oz) I've been quoted $1400 AUD + shipping which seems expensive when u consider shox.com has the set for 516USD... exchange rate close to 90c USD = 1 AUD doesn't work out quite right for me!

·
Registered
480 Posts
If you have anyone you know/trust in the states it may be worth getting it sent to them and them sending it to you. The shipping isnt that expensive especially if you dont use UPS. I had a 9-5 grille sent from the states using their normal postage and it was only $30 or so. As for Elkparts my bits arrived in about 10 days.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm... ok. Seem expensive to have to pay 700 USD to ship a cat-back :/

Unfortunately no friends state side, but i'll look into different mailing methods.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I wouldnt get the catback shipped, many exhaust shops will be able to duplicate the CTI setup which uses magnaflow mufflers or a quiter system here for the cost of the postage. The only thing I would bother shipping would be the downpipe as its more complex and the cats here are more expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts