SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Did anyone from outside of US order parts from The Saab Site. http://www.thesaabsite.com/
I just ordered control arms and their international shipping cost was estimated to $ 160. :suprised;

There is no way :nono; that up to 4 pounds package can cost that much just to ship it from US to Canada Ontario.

Anyone who has some experience in dealing with them in that regard willing to share it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
If you ordered already, that bites. :( Try to cancel if you can, as that is outrageous...

If you haven't ordered yet, or can cancel the order; look at www.eeuroparts.com instead. they give you free ground shipping to Canada on orders over $139 (which I would guess control arms would be :cheesy: )

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
99Saabnut said:
If you ordered already, that bites. :( Try to cancel if you can, as that is outrageous...

If you haven't ordered yet, or can cancel the order; look at www.eeuroparts.com instead. they give you free ground shipping to Canada on orders over $139 (which I would guess control arms would be :cheesy: )

free ground shipping is after $50.00 i take advantage of this everytime i order lol

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Why are you so surprised? Importing into Canada has always had high shipping cost, they're probably sending it via Fedex, DHL, or some other Courier service, not by USPS. What you're paying for is the fasttracking at the border crossing. Plus I wouldn't order anything right now by mail order, its the Christmas season and Canada Post has reported that shippments are already backed-up because of the Strong Canadian Dollar; many people are doing mail order from the USA and shippments have clogged the distrubution centres. There could be an 8-10 week delay...

4lbs for a control arm? Really? I didn't know they were that light in weight.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
You should find a trusted intermediate, somebody who will re-ship for rare stuff like Ecode headlights, and metric speedos.:lol:

Or better, somebody who occasionally skirts the Canadian border. Usually a case of Beer, and some Tim Hortens for the drive home is plenty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts