SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with my MAF. They look like they pop right out and the new ones pop right in, correct? I'm only looking at the new ones, haven't really looked into this project but they're in Saab packaging & were only $22 so I ordered a set w/ my new MAF. :lol:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Is it legal to have clear blinkers on the front of your car?
because i think Mine is clear, due to the yellow coloring faded off the bulb. actually it looked like it was "blasted" off, i think from the heat.
anyways, so i have clear front blinkers. haha! i'll replace them when they burn out.

~Mike

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bulbs need to be orange/yellow. These side blinkers came w/ colored bulbs!

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
clear blinkers?

no not clear blinkers. that would be strange, actually. im so used to orange/yellow blinkers. :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
sells them....
im still looking for a way to make them like the 9-3 guys do. (thye pop the three spots of glue off the orange reflector and then break it apart to get it out throught the light hole). anyone with experience of doing this on the 9-5 corners...please do tell how.

thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
StX221 said:
sells them....
im still looking for a way to make them like the 9-3 guys do. (thye pop the three spots of glue off the orange reflector and then break it apart to get it out throught the light hole). anyone with experience of doing this on the 9-5 corners...please do tell how.
But how would you get the new one in. :confused:

·
Registered
610 Posts
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27349&highlight=clear+corner

you pull the light off the car, then pop the piece of orange plastic (reflector) off the lens, then snap it into pieces to pull it out of the light unit itself.
Ive tried it a few times and feel like im gonna break the lens or plastic backing. so i was wondering if anyone has successfully done it on a 9-5.

Nick

·
Registered
636 Posts
You know I dont think there is any good reason why it could be done on a 9-3 but not a 9-5. Since it is glue, its gonna be different for every car. Some people said it took a long time, and some said it took a few minutes. I think its worth trying, but if it seems really hard, you might want to stop so you dont break anything. Definetely looks awesome though.

·
Registered
610 Posts
hey serencav. im gonna try mine again this weekend, you should try your too, that way if one of us figures it out....:cheesy:
and theres no way that we can make it happen unless some of us try.

Nick

·
Registered
905 Posts
StX221 said:
hey serencav. im gonna try mine again this weekend, you should try your too, that way if one of us figures it out....:cheesy:
and theres no way that we can make it happen unless some of us try.

Nick

Well, I would love to try it this weekend. The only problem is that I cant quite understand what they are doing! I guess I gotta have it in my hands and then read the forum :D

I will give it a go once I do a couple of things this weekend to my car. :cheesy:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts