SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What N/a mods will give me the most bang for the buck and which ones are good for a little bit of hp,moderate amount of hp,and a high amount of hp and torque
example
stage 1
new filter
remove amm screens
CAI

stage 2
port and polish head

stage 3
exhaust header
enlarge coolant holes...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Sell it ;)

& buy a Turbo :cheesy: :cheesy:

this will give you more "Bang for your Buck" ;)

Paul

·
Registered
565 Posts
Gearhead, you have a tired, slow car. Either deal with it or sell it.
I'm sorry man, but no money = no speed.
You've had your saab for like two years now. I don't think you've modded that much, if anything. What do you spend your money on? Either cut down on costs elsewhere or start making more money.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hehe, again, Oliver, you beat me to it...

Daniel.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oliver,I only buy gas and other various stuff...gas is a big expense for a unemployed high school student...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hey Gear, five minutes with mr Google and look what he told me:

PHOTOGRAPHY ASSISTANT (PART-TIME)
WILL WORK PART-TIME FOR LOCAL RETAIL STORE ASSISTING PHOTOGRAPHER. WILL GREET, SCHEDULE, AND LEARN TO DO PHOTOS USING A COMPUTERIZED SYSTEM. NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED BUT MUST HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS AND PATIENCE WITH CUSTOMERS INCLUDING SMALL CHILDREN. WILL WORK 10-20 HOURS PER WEEK-DAYS MAY VARY. MUST BE AVAILABLE ON WEEKENDS. (WILL WORK AROUND STUDENT SCHEDULES). **PAY IS 6.72 PER HOUR STARTING RATE.
(208) 799-5000
Idaho Commerce & Labor - Lewiston
P.O. Box 1147
1158 Idaho St.
Lewiston, ID 83501-1147

If I can find something in like two minutes, sitting on my a** on the other side of the Atlantic... Then it can't be that bad, now can it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oliver said:
Hey Gear, five minutes with mr Google and look what he told me:

PHOTOGRAPHY ASSISTANT (PART-TIME)
WILL WORK PART-TIME FOR LOCAL RETAIL STORE ASSISTING PHOTOGRAPHER. WILL GREET, SCHEDULE, AND LEARN TO DO PHOTOS USING A COMPUTERIZED SYSTEM. NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED BUT MUST HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS AND PATIENCE WITH CUSTOMERS INCLUDING SMALL CHILDREN. WILL WORK 10-20 HOURS PER WEEK-DAYS MAY VARY. MUST BE AVAILABLE ON WEEKENDS. (WILL WORK AROUND STUDENT SCHEDULES). **PAY IS 6.72 PER HOUR STARTING RATE.
(208) 799-5000
Idaho Commerce & Labor - Lewiston
P.O. Box 1147
1158 Idaho St.
Lewiston, ID 83501-1147

If I can find something in like two minutes, sitting on my a** on the other side of the Atlantic... Then it can't be that bad, now can it?
lay off the kid, you already chased one off these boards.

Easy to put down high shool kids on a internet forum, lame.:roll::roll:

CN

·
Registered
565 Posts
comfortablynumb said:
lay off the kid, you already chased one off these boards.

Easy to put down high shool kids on a internet forum, lame.:roll::roll:

CN
Um, just last year I was a high school kid on a internet forum.
I bought my first saab when I was a year older than Gearhead is now.
I was working for well over two years before that.
Gearhead got a Saab when he was 15 or 16, hasn't got a job, and ever since talks about performance modifications.
Which brings me to my point. I can "lay off the kid" (being an elderly 20 myself) but someone needs to tell him. No job = no money = no speed. I'm sure he knows this, but personally I don't think he's trying hard enough.
That's why I posted my previous reply. Seriously, If I can find something that looks like an ok job from over here, there has to be something he can do.

Again, I'm NOT trying to chase anyone off any board. Come on Gearhead, I know you're a good guy. But talking and posting about all the things you can do isn't going to make them happen. Besides, I'm sure you knew the answers to your questions before you posted them.
Get out, and make someone pay for your services. Then sell that N/A and buy a turbo ;)

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oliver-you job could work except

1.little to no social skills
2.Very little patence(espectially with children)
3.It is very hard to be hired in lewiston-I have applied at over 20 places for over a year and a half,only one place gave me an interveiw(Mcdonalads-sp)
I have applied at everything from gas station to animal waste cleanup...

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
GearHead said:
one place gave me an interveiw(Mcdonalads-sp)
I have applied at everything from gas station to animal waste cleanup...
don't worry, one of these days, I could see you pumping gas or working in the waste removal arts :lol:

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok im forgetting the n/a tuning.It will be far too expensive. so now Im looking for a 90-93 turbo five speed with somewhat low miles.Anyone on the east coast or other areo where old saabs are plentiful that happen to be takeing a road trip out to lewiston by chance?I can't seem to find any saabs around here-they seem to be in virgina or the like and shipping would be more than the car :(

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
My geography of the northwest US is a bit hazy, but Lewiston is only 330 miles from Seattle. As I understand it, that's a biggish sort of place, and probably has a high proportion of Saab owners. Same distance to Portland, Oregon. 330 miles is nothing - I drove 500 miles for a set of wheels and a track day not long ago, and that's in England, which is tiny. So if I were you I'd start looking at the Seattle papers online in the classifieds. Bear in mind that if you are only going to have a budget of a few hundred dollars that you might get a total shed that may be in worse state than what you have already. So you'll probably need to spend quite a bit on it. As for getting a job, you'll get one. You're certainly persistent. ;)

What about this one then:

http://classifieds.nwsource.com/auto/detail.cfm?id=6564487

Or get a 9000 Aero. They're a bit quick :cheesy:

http://classifieds.nwsource.com/auto/detail.cfm?id=6564702

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ever so slightly off-topic, but if anyone ever finds the wheels from the first one in 17" CALL ME!! They're sooooo nice :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts