SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 9-3 Conv

Couple months ago went out to car and key didn't respond. Manually opened car door (alarm goes off) open hood and disconnect battery. (Battery seemed weak in winter so I replaced it). Re-connect new battery and all works fine for a couple months. Go out to car after it sat for a weekend on a Monday to go to work and same thing... doesn’t respond to either key. Open door manually, alarm goes off, disconnect NEGATIVE lead, wait 5 minutes, re-connect and all is well and can get to work. I schedule appointment at Saab authorized shop and computer shows NO codes and of coarse can’t be duplicated so we do nothing.

2 weeks go by, works fine until a few days ago it happens again. I reset the Negative lead again and it works fine.... been a week now. I don’t want to keep this up or if my Wife needs the car w/kids and gets stranded....

Shop says, we could replace ISM and or CIM if I want but....

Anyone have this or recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
20,196 Posts
Take battery out of one fob. See if it happens again. If it does put battery back into fob and take battery out of other fob. I think maybe one of the fobs is going bad and is constantly sending signals to car so it goes into immobilizer mode. Something to try that costs no $$$....

·
Super Moderator
9,056 Posts
after you opened it with the key did you put the fob in the ism to see if it was just a resync issue..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I put it in the ISM, is there an amount of time one should wait to sync it up. I might of done it for a minute or 2 possibly.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Changing the battery in remote. I’m assuming it’s no big deal opening key a finding the correct key, but is their any reprogramming of key to ISM or it won’t loose the sync?

·
Super Moderator
20,196 Posts
Nothing to worry about. This isn't a BMW.

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Just resync fob(s) as aerojon described.

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
When you unhook battery, DTCs disappears.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, if it happens again and the remote(s) don’t respond, instead of removing the negitive connector and resetting the system, should I have it towed so it might show a code?

·
Super Moderator
9,056 Posts
what condition are/is the remote/s in..if the buttons are pressed to many times out of range of the car fob losees sync(security feature).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts