SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to lower my 2005 Saab 9-3. the front shocks are shot and they need to be replaced soon. I've been looking at all the different coilovers available for a 9-3, but i hear good and bad from all of them. whether they are to loud, squeaky, they rust, they break, etc. i CAN NOT afford the KW coilovers as much as i wish i could. I would appreciate it if you guys would let me know about your experiences with coilovers and if you like them or what you think the best setup is. Im also looking at the common koni yellow and H&R setup too but I'm really not sure whats best. Please let me know about your suspension setup.

By the way, i know there are a lot of threads about suspension but i never can get the exact info that i need so i figured id start my own.

Thanks a lot guys.

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts
I would stay away from coilovers, especially on Connecticut roads. You will hate yourself and hate your car. Your car will also start falling apart from the inside out. Your teeth will fall out too :lol:

Highly recommend Koni Yellows + H&R springs. ;ol;

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would stay away from coilovers, especially on Connecticut roads. You will hate yourself and hate your car. Your car will also start falling apart from the inside out. Your teeth will fall out too :lol:

Highly recommend Koni Yellows + H&R springs. ;ol;

Just my opinion.
I'm curious as to whether or not the adjustable dampening built into some coilovers makes any real difference in ride comfort. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts
Eibach Prokit and Koni Yellows. Quite a comfortable ride with the Konis on the softest setting.
Yes eibachs are nice but they won't really drop the car that much. Maybe a smidge more than stock Aero springs. H&R is most aggressive drop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts