SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but I had bought my Viggen tuned and when bought it had and open SID. I have been reading in on navigating around in the SID and checking out values. I went to (Mode in the SID listing and hit the Set button) I was trying to navigate to another menu or see if it would navigate to another menu. After doing this it went into normal display mode and I can no longer hit the + and - signs to get the SID into open mode. What the hell did I do? lol Anyone ran into this before, or know how to get it back?

·
Registered
19,051 Posts
I don't have a direct answer, but the first thing I might try is to disconnect the SID and then reconnect it. If that doesn't work, disconnect the battery, step on the brake pedal a couple times, then reconnect it. See if it reboots in a better mode.

The Open SID is actually coming from the ECU, not the SID. I don't see how it could revert to not open condition unless some programming bits slipped. Seems unlikely. Have you noticed any loss of boost, etc?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was trying to navigate around in the Open SID from the limited amount of info I can find online and now when I turn on the car and press the + and - buttons that would normally go into open SID mode, it goes into the

Engine Mode
E N S

I cant figure out how to get out of it or, go back to where I can see all the values. I dont notice a loss in boost.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, but I had bought my Viggen tuned and when bought it had and open SID. I have been reading in on navigating around in the SID and checking out values. I went to (Mode in the SID listing and hit the Set button) I was trying to navigate to another menu or see if it would navigate to another menu. After doing this it went into normal display mode and I can no longer hit the + and - signs to get the SID into open mode. What the hell did I do? lol Anyone ran into this before, or know how to get it back?
HI i did this to mine today :roll: just pull the battery + with a 13mm spanner and leave it for a few minutes then reconnect and it should all be back to how it was.

good luck with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts