SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a video tutorial around on how easily to open the key fob to replace the battery using a corkscrew. Well, I just tried it with the cork screw on my swiss army knife and it couldn't be easier. Great!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
It does work perfectly but I STILL cannot pair the key....how'd you manage to do so?
replace the battery, stand next to your car and press the buttons four or five times until you hear the locks cycle. If it doesnt work, try pulling up on the battery contact a bit and try again

·
Registered
13 Posts
How about a link to the video - I need to get new batteries in my key-fobs, I have maybe 2-3 feet of range only, and the SID is telling me to replace the battery. What kind of key fob range do you guys see with a fresh battery?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Key Fob Batter Video

The video is on Youtube here

I usually use the key fob to open the door from about 8 feet from the drivers door, but keep it level with the window.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
How about a link to the video - I need to get new batteries in my key-fobs, I have maybe 2-3 feet of range only, and the SID is telling me to replace the battery. What kind of key fob range do you guys see with a fresh battery?
my range varies, sometimes I have to be right next to the door and other times can be about 10-15 feet away

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Key Fob Battery

Although I started this thread by saying that I used the corkscrew on a Swiss Army knife, I saw that someone mentioned using a thumb tack, the kind with the plastic knobby end. I tried that on my second key fob and it worked just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts