SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to do some of my own repairs and I would like to check my main air filters. I have been searching for a simple tutorial and haven't really found one. I did find a good tutorial on replacing the cabin filter but not sure if I can/will do that. The general air filter seems straightforward but do you need a special tool to pop the clips? I haven't really worked on this yet but I thought I would ask.

Also, how often do you all replace the air filters? I live in the dusty SW and seems like I should be able to check and replace these myself. eEuroparts has good prices. http://eeuroparts.com/Parts/PartDetail.php?partCode=C29118

Thanks all -

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did it! well, I found the tool that comes with the spare tire and popped open the air filter. Pictures below. Do you all have a set mileage or appearance criteria? Seems like it could be replaced - it's dirty.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, should I have posted in the other NG900 forum? do I have to delete this and repost? yikes !

·
Registered
18,932 Posts
I did it! well, I found the tool that comes with the spare tire and popped open the air filter. Pictures below. Do you all have a set mileage or appearance criteria? Seems like it could be replaced - it's dirty.
It's dirty, replace it. general rule is 10-12K miles or once a year. If you drive in a dusty area perhaps more often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts