SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some rather strange problem. One morning couple of weeks ago I found my car with slightly (3-4 inches) open sunroof and front windows. Few days ago it happened again and this time some rain got in, luckily not much. I am absolutely sure I did not touch roof controls on both occasions, and I had the key with me all the time. So far nothing terrible happened, I am just afraid it could happen again and lead to some real water damage. Any ideas what could cause such a glitch?:confused:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
do you have the comfort open/close option?

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I have some rather strange problem. One morning couple of weeks ago I found my car with slightly (3-4 inches) open sunroof and front windows. Few days ago it happened again and this time some rain got in, luckily not much. I am absolutely sure I did not touch roof controls on both occasions, and I had the key with me all the time. So far nothing terrible happened, I am just afraid it could happen again and lead to some real water damage. Any ideas what could cause such a glitch?:confused:
Anti pinch malfunction , do a reset.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I have comfort open, not close. I don't think it is a cause as activation of comfort open leads to full opening of the windows and roof while in my case it is only 3-4 inches.
True, But in order to even have comfort open the windows and the sunroof have to have anti pinch function. And when something happens to the programming, the windows and the sunroof will only open 3 to 5 inches. Of course just enough to let the rain in, lol. And no, pulling the battery will not reset the anti pinch function on these cars. There is a certain procedure to do it, if you look through the threads here I'm sure you'll find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts