SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a stage 4 sw will I see any gains with an open air intake or should I just keep the stock airbox?

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
drop in k&n will give you the same "power" increase. The cone filter will sound alot cooler i think. it makes the turbo loud!

·
Registered
774 Posts
jota69 said:
I'm looking to get a stage 4 sw will I see any gains with an open air intake or should I just keep the stock airbox?
There were no gains on a +400hp Viggen so I would not bother.
The stock paper unit in the stock air box (or maybe with a 3" inlet) is more than capable of handling the power of a stage 4.

On the other hand there are a lot of people here whos accurate butt dynos have measured exactly a 2hp increase when using an open air filter so maybe it's worth it :lol:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Now, if vigge would just put the part about stock headers being good for 400 horsepower in his signature, we could have an anti-fun wet blanket party!

:)

I did not see any gains from my GS intake, but it did sound great, I'm not gonna lie.

·
Registered
704 Posts
my dyno said i actually lost a little bottom-end grunt (same thing, very small effect, but butt-noticeable) when i put mine on

·
Registered
59 Posts
Palmer1980 said:
Now, if vigge would just put the part about stock headers being good for 400 horsepower in his signature, we could have an anti-fun wet blanket party!

:)

I did not see any gains from my GS intake, but it did sound great, I'm not gonna lie.
is it possible for you to post a video with the sound? im considering buying one but id like to see how it sounds first

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Palmer1980 said:
just for you, a MAF with screen and without test is comming up as the weather allows after which I can add that results to my signature as well. Delipipe is also under works to study the "myths" behind it.:cheesy:
But as a side not is this anti-fun or for pro-fun when people dont waste money on no-go parts and put them to parts which give the wanted go?;)

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
The gains will be very minimal, dont expect a big power increase. I have the GS intake but I've modified the set up a bit as well to keep heat out of it. I like the sound, the look, and the fact that I know my engine has less trouble getting air through it. Is it worth the $130 something? Thats something you need to ask yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts