SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my 02 saab 93 displayed "telephone" - so I pushed the Onstar button. The Onstar message said Onstar is no longer available because of the switch from analog to digital. Fine - but "telephone" won't go away, even when I reset the computer (beep beep) - and my radio will not work while "telephone" is displayed. I tried taking out the "telephone" fuse and putting it back in, to no avail. Onstar says take it to the dealer--but it seems like I should be able to fix this myself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
same problem

ive got the same problem with my 01 9-3. I heard you can cut the telephone wire on the back of the SID but I cant find anywhere that shows/tells which wire it is!!

bbsmith said:
Today my 02 saab 93 displayed "telephone" - so I pushed the Onstar button. The Onstar message said Onstar is no longer available because of the switch from analog to digital. Fine - but "telephone" won't go away, even when I reset the computer (beep beep) - and my radio will not work while "telephone" is displayed. I tried taking out the "telephone" fuse and putting it back in, to no avail. Onstar says take it to the dealer--but it seems like I should be able to fix this myself.

·
Registered
37 Posts
thats how my problem started check out my thread "car went crazy"... i don't have the telephone come on the SID but my hazards continue to flash...

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Remove the passenger kick panel and disconnect the telephone connector. I've no idea what effect this will have with OnStar, but it will get your HU back into regular mode. OnStar grounds the TEL pin on the telephone connector to tell the HU to mute the regular sound and output the line-in on the tel connector. On my car, the telephone connector is blue but I've never had OnStar (Thank God!) so I really can't say. Trace the TEL wire from the HU if you can't find the connector. Just snip it to get your HU back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Remove the radio unit. On the top you should see a wire diagram. Snip (or pull it from the terminal) the TEL. MUTE wire.

Your radio will function and TELEPHONE message will be gone.

montante22 said:
ive got the same problem with my 01 9-3. I heard you can cut the telephone wire on the back of the SID but I cant find anywhere that shows/tells which wire it is!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
re

Hey thanks Olyster! I will give that a try tomorrow. Is it pretty easy to get the radio out if I have the SID out already? Are there special tools needed??

Olyster said:
Remove the radio unit. On the top you should see a wire diagram. Snip (or pull it from the terminal) the TEL. MUTE wire.

Your radio will function and TELEPHONE message will be gone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's the same procédure if the SID is in place. You'll need 4 allen keys and/or screwdrivers and/or anything that will go into those 4 little holes near each corners of the radio unit. You push them all four together and you pull the radio. The fact that the SID is already out will help you with the pulling.

montante22 said:
Hey thanks Olyster! I will give that a try tomorrow. Is it pretty easy to get the radio out if I have the SID out already? Are there special tools needed??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts