SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have the following problem? When I press the OnStar button, the thing actually works, the SID says "Connecting to OnStar" and the woman announces connecting to onstar - and then nothing, nothing ever happens and eventually the thing just hangs up. Same thing happens when I try to make a phone call - the SID says calling, then nothing happens and even with four bars, the calls never goes through. My OnStar has worked once in the last six months - and for one day I could make calls just fine and the Onstar went through just fine. What could be the problem - and if so, any smart ideas on a cure?? Thanks one and all for any advise.....Cheers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine used to do that initially, the only exception being it will show the “NO ONSTAR” sign after shutting down. I had to take it to the dealer and complain a couple of times. Now it works fine most of the time. The dealer’s explanation was that they needed to do something (upgrade or re align or something) with the software. What ever they did, it works well now. Ask dealer if there is an SB on this.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yes, this has happened to me twice. Both times I contacted OnStar and they indicated that Verizon needed to "reprovision" the number. They were able to resolve it within a day. You can try pressing the emergency button and see if it connects. It probably will. Tell them that it is not an emergency but please connect you to technical support.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My emergency button doesn't even work. Good thing GM is pushing the safety aspect of OnStar. I am taking it into the dealer in a few days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts