SaabCentral Forums banner

OnStar controller module location

6899 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  keithwbloom
Where is the OnStar controller module in the 9-3? Does anyone have a picture of it? I just finished adapting a Bluestar 2010 for use in my VW Passat and a (very non-technical) friend of mine is now asking if I can do it for his 2001 9-3. I need to know where the module is and what kind of connectors it has.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

All the best,

Keith
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,218 Posts
Where is the OnStar controller module in the 9-3? Does anyone have a picture of it? I just finished adapting a Bluestar 2010 for use in my VW Passat and a (very non-technical) friend of mine is now asking if I can do it for his 2001 9-3. I need to know where the module is and what kind of connectors it has.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

All the best,

Keith
The Onstar module is behind the right rear carpet in the back of the car. Just to the rear of the fuel filler.

I've not counted the pins, but it looks like a 50 pin or so D-SUB connector

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the 9-3/NG900 is there an O-bus like the new 9-3 and if so, is the OnStar connected to it?

There was a post on a 9-5 thread that suggested the OnStar button controller communicated with the communications module via the O-bus. I most other OnStar systems I have seen, the button controller is directly connected to the communications module through the wire harness.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NTSB seeks ban on cell phone use while driving, even hands-free

[excerpted from the article by Bloomberg News Service 13 December 2011]

The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board recommended a ban on driver use of portable electronic devices like mobile phones and smartphones, including hands-free use, citing crashes caused by distracted drivers...

...Systems built into cars, like General Motors Co.’s OnStar, and global positioning systems wouldn’t be affected by the ban, said Kelly Nantel, an NTSB spokeswoman.

:cheesy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.